Chapter 44

Bacon. Real bacon. That's all Dean had on the brain. He set the others on cooking the rest of the breakfast, he was king of the bacon.

The first 4 or 5 or 6 pieces that he cooked accidentally went missing which caused Castiel to abandon his post and help make sure Dean did not lose anymore. The angel came up from behind and placed his hands on Dean's shoulders and rested his head next to Dean's. "Remember you decided to feed the 500, as well as yourself" he smiled. In a moment of brave domestic bliss, Cas kissed Dean's cheek, slid around the side of Dean and grabbed the plate off him before he could finish it off.

The sound of the radio and chattering in the kitchen drew Jo and Ellen in who caight Gabe walking into the seating area with the coffee. Ellen, arms suddenly folded, asked "what the hell do you think you're doing in my kitchen?!" Gabriel, placed down the coffee, smiling, walked over to the hunter and put his arm around her, "I may have had a part in this but I promise you, this once, the blame CANNOT be put on me." The laughter and fun in Gabriel's voice was a sound that had become foreign to the group over the last few weeks, all positivity had been pushed aside to focus on the issue at hand.  

After a moment of confusion at the tone of the archangel's voice Ellen turned, knocked the hand off her arm and glared. "Gabriel, you know the rules, you've been here long enough, there better be a brilliant excuse for you being in there, i'll - can I hear others. Who the hell is in there." Jo who had heard the other voices seconds before her mother had already started towards the door, but before either reached it they burst open with a laughing Sam and Charlie, balancing plates and mugs in their arms. "what the hell is going on?" Jo said turning back to her equally confused mother.

Unaware of the additions to their party Dean and Cas were still in the kitchen bopping along to the music. An Elvis song came on and Dean saw Cas smile, "I like this humans voice", at this Dean walked over turned up the volume and grabbed Castiel's hand. They danced.

Everything else fell away, the smell of the toast, the yelling just outside, the whole, entire world. It was just Dean and Cas, the music, the moment. Dean pulled Cas close, lay his head on the angel's shoulder. Cas held dean's hand tightly and buried his smile into the hunter's neck. Bliss. This, Castiel thought, this is a moment made from pure happiness. The feeling was requited by Dean. After a couple of minutes passed and the song died down, they looked up and met each others gaze. "I love you Cas." Castiel felt shock for just a second before waves of joy and happiness and love hit him. "I love you Dean."

The perfect moment was crashed, of course, by a loud bang as the doors to the building swung open. The pair looked at each other confused.

Bobby had just swung the door open, confusion and worry lining his face. He was followed by an out of breath Rufus who was holding what looked like a taser. "Dean's gone", the statement erupted from Bobby, "who was supposed to be with him? I'll kill them - " Rufus placed a had on his old friend's arm, "what Bobby is trying to say is that we were about to try a new theory on Dean when we found the bed, the whole room empty. does anyone know why?" Bobby glared at Rufus but before he had chance to even start the argument Jo spoke, "Gabe took the night, it was supposed to be mine and he swapped with me." Gabriel let out an awkward chuckle, took a step behind Sam, with his arms up, "listen -" "SO you're supposed to be looking after Dean but instead you're playing kitchen with Charlie and Sam in MY kitchen?!" Just as the tension was about to reach breaking point, the kitchen door opened. 

"Can we eat breakfast before we kill each other, or is that not an option?"

Okay so I think we're on the last few chapters guys. It's been 5 years of on and off writing and the fact it's near the end is actually wild. Hope you enjoy my loves