Chapter 35

Dean was buzzing. He was going hunting finally. The few weeks at the camp had been great, lovely, fun but God Dean wanted to be back in the game. Hunting was his high. Domestic life was great but he was man made for hunting. It was in his blood.

Sure he would miss Sam and Cas but at the same time he got to hunt and they got to be safe. It was a perfect arrangement and it was only going to be a couple of days anyway.

Cas was not as excited. Cas was more nervous than anything else. Dean was going hunting with people that weren't Sam or himself and that was weird. The three knew how each other moved, these were new people. Cas had stressed packed Dean's bag (making sure to pack one of his own jumpers...just in case) and he was not stress making sandwiches and a flask for on the road. If the angel wasn't feeling so uneasy he'd be laughing at how daft he must seem.

Sam's mood was also a negative one. He was sulking. He never wanted to go on a hunt and the one time he actually asked he was told no. Like a child. So he was sulking. Sulking and avoiding Gabriel who he had managed to avoid since that night the other day. He knew it wasn't nice to give him the silent treatment but if Dean is allowed to deal with his feelings this way then why can't he.

Gabe, who had been excited for Dean leaving was also stropping. He thought a few days away would get Sam on his own so Gabe could have him to himself but since the first mention of the hunt Sam seemed to have disappeared from the face of the earth. "you're just being a baby because you tried to work your magic and it didn't work. You found someone who can resist your charms and you're sulking because you can't get your way." Jo was fed up of seeing the archangel sulk. She had seen Sam had backed off and although felt for Gabe he needed to learn that lesson.

"I am sure you will see him tomorrow Gabriel, you are both on the rota for the shop tomorrow" she winked as Gabriel lifted his head in slight confusion "but I don't wor-ooh" a grin spread across his face and he quickly got up yelled a goodbye and ran out of the door. Jo rolled her eyes, it really was like baby sitting.

Sam and Cas walked Dean to meet Bobby, Meg, and Jo who were also going on the hunt. All four stood at the entrance of the office, bags slung over their shoulders saying goodbye.

This is where Dean got nervous and Cas got awkward. They wanted to kiss goodbye, anyone within 100 metres could see that. What they actually did was hug, Dean whispering a "goodbye buddy" in the angels ear.

The four then piled into the impala (because Dean would be damned if he was going on a hunt in anything else), rolled the windows down and headed off, leaving the camp a hell of a lot quieter.

"Ayy parents are away, it's time to playyy" laughed a now very jolly Gabe. "I'm still here you plank, and your on pot wash duty tonight so you better get your arse in gear" came the unmistakable voice of Ellen. With that the group dispersed and got back to having a normal day.

Castiel had been told by Charlie he was coming over so herself and Anna could teach him video games. Registering it was a order and not a request Cas let the girls lead the way, leaving Sam with a day off and no plans.

No plans sounded perfect. He has waved off his brother and decided to go to town. As much as Sam was loving the life they'd have for the past few weeks, alone time sounded good. Sam strolled in to town thinking about Gabriel's reaction. "he won't be happy I've gone MIA for the day" he smirked, "but tough I can do what I want with my days off." And although Sam would never admit it, Gabe being grumpy might just have been part of his plans appeal...

Guess who's back... Back again... Sorry lmao
For real though guys thanks for the continued support and reads I love seeing you all reading. I'm so much happier and chiller now so thanks for sticking with me