Chapter 15

Next thing Cas knew, he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

He had sat down whilst reading the letter, his legs couldn't quite hold everything.

What does he do? Hide it? Talk to Dean about it? Talk to Sam about it? "Crap crap crap" he muttered under his breathe. God, he hated human feelings right now.

In a moment of complete panic, Cas opened the window and jumped out. He left the letter, the activities leaflet and his dignity behind him.

He went to find Sam, he'd know what to do.

Sam was in the park on his break, just wondering around. His head was full of everything, the case, Dean and Cas, his work...Gabe. This job, as much as he loved it, had so much going on and he could tell that there was something that some of the other staff were hiding from him. I mean they're in a private meeting right now.

Sam spotted him before Cas even realised there was someone else in the park. He held his hand up in a way and smiled at the angel. As soon as Cas clocked his eyes Sam, relief flooded his features. He tried to walk over but ended up running towards Sam, unable to stop himself. He knew the first thing that Sam would ask is if Dean was okay and Castiel just didn't know how to answer.

"I don't know what to do" he spurted before the hunter could get a word in. "I saw a letter Dean had wrote to me, but I don't think I should have read it, and I'm not sure what to do, he told me he loved me and that I didn't deserve anything he had put me through. As if he had caused everything to go wrong. He said sorry for loving me, I need your help Sam, I don't know what to do." He ended with a sob.

Sam's mouth was gaping open. Had he just heard that? "Cas,is he okay? Does he know? I knew he liked you, he'd never said, but I know Dean. You know what he's like with his emotions, he doesn't do that shit. Do you like him back?" Castiel broke eye contact and looked to the floor.

"Yeah, yeah he is okay. When you told me in that car park, what it was to show love, they were things I had always wanted to do to Dean. But his personal space rule. Sam I care for him deeply. In a different way to how I care for you. I don't know how I feel."

The corners of his mouth twitched as Sam registered what Castiel had just said. "Cas, buddy, if that is how you feel about him, go for it. Talk to him, let Dean know what you are thinking. Be honest. Everyone in this world lies to get what they want, hell I bet Dean has told you that at some point, but Cas, if it is something that is important to you, something that makes you physically ache, you've got to be honest. It may not work out but you have to try then at least you know you've done your best."

"Is that what you did with Jess?" Sam grinned. "God no! I'm human. I subtly hinted for months before she laughed at me and told me she liked me back." At this Cas cocked his head, confused. "What I'm saying is that you shouldn't hint, one, because you're crap at human stuff, two, honesty is the best way to go, and three, Dean wouldn't take a hint is it slapped him in the face with a christmas tree all year around." When Cas didn't move Sam put his hand on his shoulder, "Buddy, go."

And with that Cas nodded his thanks to Sam and walked off slowly, obviously deep in his thoughts. He'd go an meet up with them later, see how things went but right now he has to get back to the office to work.

Gabe had decided to take it upon himself to do Sam's mandatory council meeting that all staff have to take within their first week of work. When Sam had found out he had tried to do everything to stop it, but there was no hope, nothing he did could budge Gabe, so Sam was stuck.

He decided to take his sweet time about going back, usually he hated being late to anything but he couldn't muster up any effort to walk any faster than what he was.

When he finally arrived back at the office he was greeted with an annoyed looking Gabe. "Where the hell have you been?" The annoyance in his voice should have bothered Sam but he'd grown up with Dean so knew how to deal with this crap. He shrugged, "Out."

Gabe sighed, "Have I offended you in some way? I've just been friendly and this is how you talk to me?" The annoyance in his voice was turning to and anger. What is his deal this morning Sam thought. "What happened to you shit eating grin and personality? Did someone forget to give you a cookie this morning?" San couldn't stop himself. He never spoke to anyone like this, this was Dean, but he couldn't stop.

He looked down at Gabe and realised he had said the wrong thing.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU HAVE NO IDEA-" "GABE!" shouted a pissed of Ellen. "Why the hell are you yelling at Sam here?"

Gabe took in an audible sigh and turned to see Ellen who was glaring at him, arms folded. "He was shitty."

Ellen rolled her eyes before turning to Sam, "Bobby is on his way back, trip wasn't as great of a success as we'd have hoped. The stress has obviously gotten to young Gabe here. Just try not to piss him off too much, I would hate to find your body in my freezer, poor food hygiene." Sam smiled sheepishly and muttered an apology.

At that Ellen leaned up and patted his cheek, "Not your fault honey." She turned to Gabe, standing in front of Sam and sighed. "I know, okay? I get it we all do. He's my husband for God's sake but I'm not going around trying to tear people new ones, you can't either." She sighed, "Gabe, if I find out that you've taken your bad mood out on someone else, whether it is an employee, or god forbid, a client, I will kick your sorry ass out of here."

There was not an ounce of humor in her voice and both the boys knew she wasn't joking.

If you are enjoying this fic then please vote and comment, it means a lot