33

"All right. Get in, get out," Mal orders as they walk towards the barrier before looking at Jay. "Jay, you're good." Jay opens the barrier before they walk through.

"Whoa," Mal says as a shock goes through her as the ember lights up, regaining its magic by being out of the barrier.

"You got a little Hades thing going," Evie says as she motions to Mal's hair.

"Wow. That thing packs a punch, huh?" Carlos says as Mal looks at her hair and gloves that had changed from purple to blue. Harry and Gil quickly jump out of the closing barrier behind them, causing them all to gasp as they turn around.

"We made it, bro. We made it," Gil cheers as they hug while the barrier closes.

"Hey, guys. We're just coming for a wee visit," Harry says before he and Gil walk forward. Jay and Carlos shove them back only to be shoved back. Carlos bumps into Mal, causing her to drop the ember.

"Hey. Hey," Mal says as she grabs the ember but Harry uses his hook to sling her arm, causing her to lose the ember. "No!" The ember flies towards the water but is grabbed by a tentacle before Uma emerges from the water.

"Drop something?" Uma asks with a smirk as she holds up the ember.

"It can't get wet. Give it back before it goes out," Mal quickly says as she holds out her hand.

"Uma?" Harry and Gil say at the same time. 

"That's my name," Uma says with a laugh before going underwater.

"No!" Mal calls since Uma took the ember with her. The water starts to swirl up before it busts.

"Hi, boys," Uma calls from behind them before they turn to find her behind them, holding the ember.

"Welcome back," Harry says as he walks over to her.

"Uma, you swam off and forgot all about us," Gil says sadly as he walks over.

"Yeah. Planning her revenge, no doubt," Mal says as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"It's not all about you, Mal. I was looking for a hole in the barrier to let everybody out," Uma tells her before turning to Harry and Gil. "And you know what I found, boys? It's way better out there than we thought. There's this thing that looks like a furry rock called a coconut. And fish so big you could dance on their backs. And they've been keeping it all for themselves."

"Whatever. Uma, I need that to break a spell," Mal says as she holds her hand out for the ember.

"Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty's daughter," Carlos explains to them.

"Mm. So the good guy is the bad guy? Well, I might not give it back. Let's see what happens," Uma says with a laugh before she looks at the ember. "Besides I thought she was with you all?"

"Aubrey is. Audrey is her sister," Jay quickly explains, causing Uma to shrug as if she didn't care.

"Uma, it's not the time for games! People's lives are in danger!" Mal yells at her as she motions towards Auradon.

"Guarantee me that every single villain kid who wants to, can get off the isle," Uma says as she holds up the ember.

"I can't do that," Mal says as she shakes her head while she remembers her decision.

"Can't do that? Well, how about now?" Uma questions as she holds the ember over the water.

"Deal. Deal," Mal quickly says before Uma pretends to drop it.

"Uma!" Evie calls as she takes a step forward. "Her word is good."

"I'll still keep this, for the time being," Uma says sticking the ember into her jacket as she walks away from the edge. "Because if you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again. This is a job for pirates." Uma turns to Gil and Harry, who gives her a high-five.