17

"Hey, Ben," Aubrey says with a smile as she walks into his office.
"Hey, Bre," Ben says smiling at his oldest friend. "I need you to make some calls for Cotillion. I need you to make sure Mal is prepared for the Cotillion. To make sure Jane has the stain glass window ready for the reveal...." Aubrey zoned out as Ben starting listing things for her to do feeling as if she was forgetting something. She stares out at the Isle and wondered what she would be doing if she was there. "Bre. Bre. Aubrey!" Aubrey comes back to reality as Ben yells her name.
"I'm sorry, what were you saying," Aubrey says as she focuses back on Ben.
"I have all the things that I need you to do and you weren't listening to any of them. We have a meeting to get to and after I need you to take care of all these things," Ben explains before handing her a list.
"Oh no, I have my friendship date with Jay," Aubrey says worriedly as she starts gathering her things, having remembered what she was forgetting.
"Aubrey, we have a meeting that we have to be at. And after I need you to do all of this," Ben says causing Aubrey to look at him in shock.
"Ben, are you serious right now?" Aubrey asks and Ben slightly nods. "I've had this friendship date with Jay planned for a month because I'm always doing things for you. I never get to see my friends because I'm either doing small things that you can do or I'm following Mal around because you don't see that she isn't doing well with everything. Plus I'm cheer Captain and have my own classes. I can't do this Ben."
"Okay, I'll make the calls," Ben says as he sees how upset Aubrey is. "But I promise this meeting isn't going to take long and I have to have you there."
"Okay but after I have my friendship date with Jay," Aubrey says as she sets her things down.
"Of course," Ben says with a smile before they walk into the meetings room. Three hours later Aubrey and Ben walk out of the meeting room. "I have to get to my date with Mal."
"Oh no! I'm so late!" Aubrey says as she hurriedly grabs her things before running to where her and Jay were going to have their friendship date. "Jay!" Aubrey can't find him so she heads to his dorm. Aubrey knocks on the door before Jay answers it. "I am so sorry I'm late."
"Don't worry, I'm used to it by now," Jay says slightly angry.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Aubrey asks him.
"If you're not doing something for Ben, then it's something for Mal," Jay answers her. "It's never me or any of your other friends."
"Jay, it has been so hard for me!" Aubrey tells him.
"Yes! Some things are hard! Do you think learning to be the friend of a royals is easy for me?" Jay explains.
"No!" Aubrey says.
"I thought we were doing this together!" Jay says as he raises his voice.
"Jay, we are in this together," Aubrey tells him as she stands up and holds out her hand to him.
"But we're not, Aubrey. We're not. Y-You've been choosing Ben over everyone else," Jay argues as Aubrey tries to talk. "This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Aubrey."
"Yeah. Believe me, I know that!" Aubrey tells him as she starts to get angry. "At least I haven't been trying to change myself to be liked. You are nothing like the guy I fell for."
"Then why are you doing this?" Jay asks her.
"Because... I'm not one of those prefect princesses, Jay. I'm not one of those girls that are going to throw myself all over you," Aubrey explains to him. "I'm never going to be the perfect princess like my sister. It's not who I am but at least I'm not faking it." Aubrey then motions to Jay. "You're turning into a fake. I mean not letting Lonnie on the team. I at least try to do what is right and not what is going to get me liked. It is who I really am." Aubrey is on the verge of crying as Jay starts to realize his mistakes. "And to think I was going to tell you that I wanted to be more than friends."
"Aubrey," Jay tries as Aubrey starts to head for the door. He wanted to be more than friends as well.
"No. No," Aubrey says as she moves away from him before she walks out the door. Aubrey goes to talk to the one person she has always been able to talk to without judgement. Aubrey opens a door as she dries her tears. "Ben?"
"Thank goodness, you are here," Ben says as she walks inside, not even noticing that she had been crying. "Mal completely faked our whole date and then tried to spell me. Then I went all Beast on her. I need you to go check on her. Then I need you to work on that list I gave you."
"No," Aubrey says as she feels anger rush through her as the tears fall again.
"No?" Ben asks her.
"Ben, I was late for my friendship date with Jay. We had a fight and I walked away from him," Aubrey explains to him. "I came to my best friend for advice and all I get is orders which seems to be all I am getting lately."
"I told you that I would make the phone calls so you would have less to do," Ben says confused. "I really need you to check on Mal though."
"No, Ben! I can't keep doing this. I can't keep being your advisor," Aubrey tells him before leaving the room. Though she was a mess, she knew Mal would be too, so she rushes to her room.
"I don't belong here," Mal and Aubrey say at the same time as Aubrey enters the room.
"Please take me to the Isle. I need away from this fake place," Aubrey begs as she looks at Mal. Mal gives Aubrey some clothes to change into then she pokes holes into a box before putting Maleficent in it.
"Let's blow this popsicle stand," Mal says before they take the bike that Ben gave her, stopping by the waters edge. Mal pulls out the spell book. "Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere." Mal puts the spell book away. "Okay. Whew. Please work." The bike drives across the water before taking them through the barrier. Mal drives through a lot of people making them dive out of the way before she comes to a stop. As she and Aubrey remove their goggles they see posters of Mal and Ben. Mal tears the poster down before wadding it up and throwing it. They then continue on to the VK's old hideout. Mal smirks at Aubrey before throwing a rock at the 'danger flying rocks' sign. This opens the door to the hideout.