15

"Mal, please, over here! Aubrey!" Reporters call bringing Aubrey out of her daydream.
"Only three days to the Royal Cotillion," A lady says before holding out her microphone to Aubrey.
"Ever think a girl like you would be Lady of the Court?" A girl asks before holding out a recording device to Mal.
"How does it feel to be the most envied girls in Auradon?" A guy asks them causing Aubrey to roll her eyes as Mal tries to talk.
"Well, do you like being blonde?" Another lady asks Mal.
"Mal, is your mother still a lizard?" The first lady asks causing both girls to glare at her.
"Okay. All right. Excuse me," Ben says as he makes his way through the reporters. "Uh, we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes." Ben wraps an arm around Mal's waist as Aubrey takes a few steps away from the couple.
"Did you ever think you would be with a Villain Kid?" The first lady asks Ben causing him to fake chuckle and Aubrey to glare at her.
"We're done here," Aubrey tells her with an overly fake smile.
"Okay. Shush, shush. Shoosh, shoosh. Shoosh, shoosh. This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing," Fairy Godmother says as she comes to stand in front of the couple. Aubrey lets out a sigh as she takes this chance to escape, but she is pulled back over by Evie.
"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" Evie tells Mal with Aubrey behind her before Evie looks at Ben. "Hi." Evie turns back to Mal quickly. "Let's go. Let's go."
"Bye, Ben," Mal says as Evie drags her and Aubrey away.
"Bye," Ben says with a smile as she leaves. "Don't forget the meeting Aubrey!"
"King Ben! King Ben! King Ben!" The reporters say as they swarm him.

"Uh..." Mal says as Evie pulls her shoulders back. "Oh!" Evie zips the dress up. "Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe."
"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion," Evie tells her as she looks at the dress. Aubrey is beside Mal in a light pink dress that makes her want to vomit. If Aubrey had to wear pink, she preferred it to be dark or hot and matched with black.
"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is," Mal says as Evie fluffs her dress bottom.
"Impeccable," Evie says before blowing a kiss. Aubrey glances at the coat rack and sees Mal's jacket from the Isle which is more her style than the dress that she is wearing.
"Evie? Mal?" Aubrey asks as her mind drifts to what it may be like if she were on the aisle right now.
"Hmm?" Evie responds as she measures Mal's waist.
"Do you ever think about what you would be doing if you were back on the Isle right now?" Aubrey asks them before she sees Mal nod.
"That's funny," Evie says sarcastically before the royal news comes on. "Ah! Look who's on TV." The news shows Aubrey, Mal, and Ben dining with Jasmine and Aladdin.
"As the royal couple and advisor continue their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine," The reporter says. They show Mal spitting some food into her napkin and receiving a new one causing Aubrey and Mal to laugh as Aubrey nudges her playfully. "Six months ago no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."
"Yeah. No kidding," Mal says with a sigh.
"Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion," The reporter says before Mal gasps remembering the book she has to read. "when she will officially become a Lady of the Court."
"Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need," Mal reads out of the spell book. Mal moves her finger over the book about being a lady of the court before she starts reading it really fast.
"I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Evie says as she walks over to the bed. Evie looks at Aubrey for approval but she just shrugs her shoulders.
"Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using the spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster," Mal explains to her before she goes back to reading.
"Well, personally, as one of your best friends, I strongly believe that this spell book..." Evie starts as she grabs the spell book from Mal's lap.
"Ah!" Mal says as she reaches for the spell book.
"It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror," Evie finishes causing Mal to pout. "Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right."
"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Mal asks Evie.
"That would be nice," Aubrey says with a dreamy sigh.
"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Evie asks to clarify.
"Yeah!" Mal answers excitedly.
"No!" Evie says.
"What?" Mal asks her.
"Why would we?" Evie asks as she walks over to Mal. "A, M, come here." She grabs their hands and pulls them in front of the tv. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're all Auradon girls." On the tv it shows Ben feeding Mal a strawberry.
"Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite..." The reporter says as it shows Mal feeding one to Ben.
"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here," Evie says with a smile while still watching the tv. Mal looks down with a frown as Aubrey rubs her shoulder in comfort. "So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Mal and Evie look at each other before Evie looks at the table. "Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them."
"Mm. Severe," Aubrey says as Mal fakes a smile. Aubrey changes before going to catch up with Ben.