CHAPTER 10

Story Note

Hi, hope you're all still enjoying this story as the plot continues to develop! If you are, I'll try and write more new chapter updates as soon as I can.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 8am

Winter's P.O.V.

It was our first official day in Busan and the feeling of being home was sinking in. Everything felt familiar and warm. Yet in the brief time I'd been away, I'd become distant to those memories that now seemed to be washing over me in waves. From every shop building to each grain of sand on the endless beaches, I knew it all so well. I was home.

As expected Rina and I were sharing a room but she'd given me distance since arriving yesterday knowing I liked my space. That morning she'd still been asleep when I left early to go for a walk on the beach and enjoy the fresh sea air. Making my way into the hotel's restaurant, I queued in the line to make my breakfast selection of pancakes and fruit.

"Hey Winter, over here!" My friends were seated at a booth in the corner, having already stated eating breakfast. I grabbed my tray and headed over to them, taking the vacant seat beside Taeyeon.

"The food here is amazing here!" Ning Ning stated enthusiastically with a smile as they continued to enjoy the mini feast.

"Don't your family live close by Winter?" Wendy asked, pouring me a glass of orange juice from the jug in the center of the table.

I nodded, taking a sip of juice enjoying the refreshing taste. "Yeah, I'm hoping to go visit them in a few days."

Ning Ning suddenly placed her drink down and clapped her hands, gaining our attention. "So plans! We have the studio tour tomorrow and then apparently there's a huge Kpop concert later in the week with everyone going to the beach afterwards for like a campfire with drinks and dancing. Sounds fun, right!"

"It's February, it'll be freezing on the beach at night." I complained, knowing how cold it gets by the coast this time of year.

Taeyeon smiled, reaching for the sauces on the corner of the table. "Hence the campfire under the moonlight, it actually sounds quite romantic."

"It does sound romantic, Winter." A familiar voice whispered in my ear behind me as I jumped slightly startled.

Turning around abruptly, I was met by Rina's dazzling smile. "Rina, stop sneaking up on me like that!"

She chuckled and pulled a chair over form one of the other tables to sit beside me. "Goodmorning to you too. You dashed away so early this morning, I was gonna order us room service."

"Wow, must be nice for some." Wendy muttered, winking at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Its okay, there's always tomorrow. So what are we all talking about?" Rina asked casually, taking a small bit of my pancakes as I groaned.

Ning Ning and Taeyeon exchanged confused glances at her friendly manner before the latter began to explain. "Umm... just about the tour tomorrow. We're also planning on going to a concert next week and then having drinks at the beach at night."

"Sounds great, we'd love to join. Right Giselle?" Karina stated all the while Giselle was silently eating whilst simultaneously writing in her notebook, occasionally typing sums on a calculator.

"They didn't ask." She replied, not looking up from her work.

"But surely they were going to?" Rina said, I was playing with my food annoyed by how she was using that same tone she always did to get what she wanted.