CHAPTER 8

Thursday 6pm (Continues from immediately after chapter 6)

Ning Ning's P.O.V.

Leaving the library that I'd quickly dashed from the dorm to, I wandered across into the auditorium noticing Winter was stood with a rather large crowd around her.

"Rina..?" She said quietly in surprise, as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as to who she was talking to.

"I missed you, Minjeong. I was starting to think you'd forgotten about us." Jimin replied with a smirk. It was really unusual to ever hear anyone call Winter by her Korean name.

"Winter, are you okay?" I asked when I noticed she was stood frozen in place.

Jimin walked closer towards her, brushing her bangs with her fingertips. "I've missed you so much Minjeong, my Winter."

My best friend blushed bright red until she suddenly noticed the large crowd that were there again watching nearby. As quick as she could, she collected her bag from the chair and grabbed my hand as we dashed towards the exit. "I need to go."

"Winter, what's wrong? Why are you rushing? Where are we going?" I called after her, leaving behind a puzzled Giselle and somewhat furious Jimin.

"Anywhere but here. I don't feel well." Winter muttered breathlessly as we finally arrived on the campus courtyard outside. She looked tired as she placed her hand to her stomach that seemed to be causing her pain.

I managed to grab her hand, her eyes still staring at the floor deep in contemplation. To calm her, I noticed the nearby cafeteria and gestured towards it. "Let's just go get drink and order some food to take back to the dorm. It might help you feel better. Then we can talk, okay?"

She nodded her head and silently followed me, taking a seat as we quickly order our favourite meals before resuming the silence. Fortunately the cafeteria wasn't that busy as we mad our way to our familiar table the corner enjoying the warmth and smells of the delicious delicacies on being cooked.

From the way she was acting, I could tell Winter was agitated as she was playing with a napkin on the table, folding and then unfolding it over and over again. "Okay you're acting aloof even for you. Are you gonna tell me why you suddenly stormed out of the auditorium? Last I was there you were in the dorm talking to Jimin."

She sighed loudly, boring he flip. "Nothing... it's just... that's Rina?"

"Who is?" I asked, hearing the name again as I looked around casually.

"Jimin is Rina!" She yelled, catching catching the attention of the nearby tables.

"Rina? The girl you met on vacation who was like totally controlling around you?" I'd recalled Winter mentioning someone she met a couple of years ago previously while in Seoul.

"Why is she here?" Winter muttered to herself as the waitress brought over our drinks.

"Well Jimin transferred last year. Did she know you were on the waiting list to go here too?" I asked, having known from dating Giselle that Jimin had transferred suddenly to the university from another prestigious academy. It seemed especially unusual as she was studying music management rather than performing arts like the majority of the other students here.

"Yeah..." Winter muttered, still clearly in a daze.

"Maybe she wanted a romantic reunion." I stated casually taking a sip of my orange juice, mixing it with my straw leisurely. Winter however seemed mortified by the thought of a reunion.

"So what happened? How come you didn't know it was Jimin?" I asked in curiosity.

"We just had this whirlwind romance when I visited Seoul for the Christmas break 2 years ago. She looks so different." She got out her phone and showed me a photo of the 2 of them from before, my eyes went wide in disbelief.