CHAPTER 14

Friday 8pm (2 weeks later)

Karina's P.O.V.

It was the night of the Valentine's dance. A casual event with various live music performances and a DJ set that was now currently playing the latest music. Around the sports hall venue, the flock of the crowd continued to dance under the multicoloured lights and tasteful decor with decorations in tones of red with flourishes of pink.

From across the room, I watched as Winter chatted happily to the band who had recently finished performing on stage. She had a way of lighting up the room with her effortless beauty that simply took my breath away.

Yet as she continued to chat and laugh with the rest of her friends, I stood away feeling ignored

Yet as she continued to chat and laugh with the rest of her friends, I stood away feeling ignored. Regardless of how successful the dance might have seemed, to me it simply felt bittersweet when Winter wasn't beside me.

Giselle approached, handing me a glass of wine as my attention remained on the blonde currently on the dance floor. "Why won't they all just backoff?"

"Who?" Giselle asked, following my line of sight in confusion.

"Taeyeon, Wendy and now even Sana and Momo are talking to her." It seemed day by day Winter was becoming more popular on campus. Although she didn't like the attention, her optimistic personality and her captivating singing voice caught the attention of many of the other students much to my annoyance.

"Oh we're talking about Winter again." Giselle muttered in disinterest taking a sip of her wine.

"Of course we are! You see the issues I'm constantly having." I gestured towards the group across the dance floor, feeling livid with every moment that passed.

Giselle sighed, shaking her head. "No but I see your imaginary problems are back."

"It isn't imaginary, everyone wants to be with her. Why won't they just leave so we can be alone together?" At that moment another group of students entered the dance, greeting me by bowing politely and waving with cheerful smiles as I waved back. The role of the student council president seemed never-ending.

 The role of the student council president seemed never-ending