CHAPTER 16

Thursday 5pm

Giselle's P.O.V.

It had been days since I'd seen Jimin on campus and the empty feeling was rather unsettling. So after finishing my vocal session for the day, I decided to visit her at her dorm room. Though we lived in the same building, Jimin had the top floor all to herself and didn't like visitors. Fortunately however, she'd given me a spare emergency key to her dorm room.

"Jimin?" I knocked on the door, calling out her name but there was no reply. Unlocking it carefully, I made my way inside the apartment surprised to see dozens of bouquets of flowers had been beautifully arranged into intricate bouquets. From across in the kitchen, Jimin was staring aimlessly at a selection of pink tulips spread out across the kitchen countertop.

I could tell she wasn't herself. There were several photographs of her and Winter scattered everywhere around the apartment, Winter's sweatshirts and one of her jackets was still laying on the nearby couch and the playlist they'd made together was playing softly in the background on Rina's stereo. It was as if she was happily living in some sort of illusion that they were still together.

As I ventured towards the kitchen, she still didn't acknowledge my presence. "Jimin? Are you okay? You haven't left your dorm room in days and-"

"I'm sure the student council will survive, Giselle." She replied quietly, her focus still fixed on the beautiful flowers in her hands that she was arranging. Each petal was more exquisite than the last.

 Each petal was more exquisite than the last

"That's not why I'm here. I'm worried about you." And I really was. Usually when things didn't go her way, Jimin would argue or storm away after making a scene but this was oddly calm for her and that in itself seemed unusual.

"There's no need to be." She replied calmly, wrapping a yellow bow around the center of the bouquet.

"Those are really pretty flowers." I stated in an attempt to brighten the eerie mood that was settling in.

"Thank you, they're for my Winter." She replied with a faint but noticeable smile, concentrating on making each leaf perfect.

It seemed she was reluctant to accept that Winter had stormed away. From the sight of her dorm room though, it was like nothing for her had changed and Winter was still very much a part of her life. "I heard from Ning Ning about what happened, I'm sorry to hear about you and Winter-"

"We just had a disagreement that's all." She quickly replied as if to ignore the fact they were no longer together.

I sighed, watching as she placed the flowers into a shallow pool of water in the sink. "Jimin, I know you really liked her but-"

"Liked? She's my soulmate, the person I'm destined to be with! And she just walked away from me, again." Her voice trailed off, colder and moodier with each word she spoke.

I took a seat at the island in the kitchen, putting my jacket on the back of the chair. "She was upset about her friends, you can't blame her for that."