CHAPTER 18

Sunday 00:30am

Rina's P.O.V.

The night at the club continued as expected into the early hours of the next morning. From a distance, I watched Winter dance consumed by the music as she moved effortlessly in sync to the rhythm. Her attention all night had remained on the music as it so often was. How I wished to have been wrapped up in those songs for her to have noticed me too. I was addicted to wanting her attention.

As I continued to watch the crowd, it seemed they were having fun enjoying a non-stop cycle of loud music, ice cold beer and lively dancing. I felt out of place, after all I didn't want to be there but I still stayed. I stayed for Winter.

For much of the evening, she had made it her mission to avoid me and most other people in the club as much as possible. She smiled politely to the others but remained emotionally at a distance.

As the hours passed, she and Ning Ning enjoyed a few more beers whilst swaying and dancing to the music in the background. It made me so envious but it became clear by then that she was certainly tipsy by this point in the evening. So when Ning Ning was tipsily dancing too with Giselle, I knew this was a better time to talk to Winter.

From in the distance, I noticed her make her way outside again to the small terrace area at the back of the club. I followed her to find she was sitting alone on top of a halfwall, taking another sip of her beer whilst staring up at the night sky.

"Minjeong." I stood beside her, staring at her flawless beauty whilst quietly calling her name.

Gaining her attention, her eyes were bright as she smiled widely. The alcohol seemed to have made her temporarily forget that we hadn't been speaking to one another lately. "Hey!! Look how pretty the sky is!"

Cheerfully she stared up again, shivering slightly as I placed my coat around her shoulders. "It's freezing out here, you might get sick if you stay-"

She patted the space on the wall beside her before pulling my hand to join her. "Sit with me, Rina! Isn't it a pretty view?"

As she stared up in wonder at the sky again, I couldn't take my eyes of her. How could I ever resist wanting to spend time with Winter? "The prettiest."

"Like you~" She leaned her head on my shoulder, giggling slightly as she clutched tightly to the coat that was keeping her warm.

"You've had a lot to drink, you need to rest." I stated, it felt so nice to be close to her again. I missed her, I missed us and I wanted to take care of her.

She lifted her head up, leaning in closely to gaze deeply into my eyes. "You're not smiling lately and it makes me so sad. You have really pretty smile!"

My heart raced, seeing her smile so sweetly as she continued to stare at me. I trailed my hand through her hand, whispering under the moonlight. "I only smile when I'm with you."

But her attention was short-lived as it so often was when she was drunk when she pulled back to gesture up to the sky in astonishment. "Oh! A shooting star!"

"No, it isn't?" I glanced to where she was looking, chucking to myself.

"It is, you have to make a wish! Okay close your eyes... go!" She closed her eyes, deep in thought but looked up to see I was still staring at her.

"You really are so wonderful." I muttered, after all my wish was to have someone special like her in my life and that wish had gratefully already been granted.

We stayed like that for a few minutes while watching the night sky until she held my hand to steady her balance and suddenly looked at me with a sleepy expression. "We were so happy. Why did you treat my friends like that? Why did you have to be so jealous?"