CHAPTER 11

"When the days seem endless and bleak, I find myself getting lost waiting in thoughts of you."

- Karina -

Wednesday 4pm

Winter's P.O.V.

Standing at the bus stop, I glanced at my watch for the millionth time looking along the road that appeared to be empty.

I was supposed to be on my way to see my parents who lived a mere 20 minute drive away outside the center of Busan. Yet after having missed the first bus running late this afternoon, it now seemed my fate would be to spend the next hour waiting in the cold for another bus to arrive.

"So Lia just went back to Seoul?" I stated in surprise on the phone to Ning Ning who'd called me half an hour earlier.

"Apparently. Something about a emergency but she left in a rush last night." She replied, leaving more questions than answers as usual.

"I hope she's okay. She didn't exactly have the best few days." It was fair to say that during our time in Busan Lia hadn't gotten on particularly well with one member of our group. 3 guesses who?

"You mean because of your soon to be wife?" Ning Ning chuckled on the other end on the line.

I rolled my eyes before glancing down the road to see the road was still empty. "Ning Ning, we're not having this conversation again. And stop saying that! I haven't even seen her today..."

I hadn't seen Karina much in the past few days. When I had she had been more distant than usual and her cheerful mannerisms seemed to have disappeared again, leaving a trail of intrigue that had me wondering more about her much to my own annoyance.

"Aww are you missing her? I imagine it's like when your shadow disappears. It never really leaves, it just appears at random times to follow you." Ning Ning stated out of the blue.

I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows. "Okay that sounds really creepy."

"It's supposed to, I was describing the student council president who I might add has been a complete ass to me on this entire trip! Even Giselle noticed and that's saying something..." Her words trailed off at the mention of Giselle's name.

"Things aren't any better between you two?" I asked, knowing that over the past few days my best friend too had been dealing with her own drama.

She sighed loudly in dismay. "No and whoever said having space and time apart would help this situation was wrong. Utterly wrong."

"Wasn't it you?" I asked with a slight smirk, knowing full well it was.

"I prefer not to dwell on the insignificant details." She continued as if avoiding the situation.

"So yes then." I stated, glancing up at the sky when I noticed the clouds had become even heavier and droplets of rain began to fall.

"Wow you sounded like Jimin just then." Ning Ning stated, making me scowl.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now." I muttered with a playful tone of annoyance.

"If your mom cooks too much food, bring leftovers back. Bye!" I chuckled at her cheerfulness before putting my phone back into my jacket pocket.

I put my airpods back in only to realise they needed charging. Placing them back into their case, I sighed pulling my hood up to keep from the cold. The splashes of puddles beside my feet and the patter of raindrops on the glass of the bus stop were all that could be heard until suddenly I was caught off guard by the sound of a car horn in the distance.