CHAPTER 3

Saturday 10:45pm

Winter's P.O.V.

It was the night of the dorm party and though I was there in body, my mind was drifting elsewhere. Ning Ning had been looking forward to the party all week and had helped me chose an outfit for the occasion that I particularly liked.

Yet as we drank another drink and listened to the music, I found myself zoning out of the party scene rather quickly

Yet as we drank another drink and listened to the music, I found myself zoning out of the party scene rather quickly. I always got on with most people I met on campus fairly well but these type of social events weren't really my scene. However I'd made a promise to Ning Ning and like she said, if it was a disaster we'd leave after an hour anyway. I sighed, glancing at the time on my phone. It had been 42 minutes.

The party was in full swing with the music flowing from the common room on the ground floor and spilling into the hallways and several rooms located across the corridor. I sat in the common room on the ground floor, watching as people laughed and talked and continued to drink whilst swaying to the music.

Taking another sip of my drink, I noticed Ning Ning make her way through the crowd with 2 other girls beside her. She handed me a plate with a piece of chocolate cake decorated with swirls of pink icing that she'd bake for the occasion, making my eyes light up momentarily in delight.

"Winter, this is Taeyeon and Wendy!" I smiled at them both as they sat down on the spare chairs next to me.

"How are you settling in on campus, Winter?" Wendy asked, she had a bubbly personality and sweet smile.

"It's been okay, I'm getting used to the routines but exams are a bit of a nightmare." I had a music theory exam in 2 weeks that I was unprepared for.

"I'm sure you'll do great, try not to worry." Taeyeon said with a smile. My ears went red in shyness as I began glancing absentmindedly around the room again, oddly feeling a cold presence hovering nearby.

"Winter isn't exactly the best at studying, she gets distracted easily." I heard Ning Ning say beside me as I continued to wander my attention around the room while taking small bites of chocolate cake.

"You mean like now?" Wendy chuckled, making me suddenly look back at the 3 of them with wide eyes while they laughed.

It was then I recalled having seen Taeyeon on campus the previous week. She had a soleful voice that blended well with the instrumentals in her music.

"I saw you perform in the auditorium, you were amazing." I stated, catching her off guard.

"Thank you, singing is my passion. I guess it's yours too." She muttered shyly as I nodded my head.

"Then you're in the right place!" Wendy stated enthusiastically while she topped up our drinks.

"You should stop by on one of my singing rehearsals, maybe we could duet?" Taeyeon suggested, making me blush red again. She laughed as we continued to chat and to get to know each other at the crowded party.