CHAPTER 12

Story Note

Hello again! Here's another chapter update for you all.

Just to mention, I also have another book called Just Like Venom. It's actually a Blackpink Jenlisa story but Winrina are main characters and have a big part in the plot so if you're enjoying this story, then you might like that one too if you're looking to read more Winrina content.

Anyway, happy reading and thanks for supporting this book!

---------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 4am

Karina's P.O.V.

My perfect paradise did exist, it was entirely revolved around this moment that I wished to never end.

The storm had eventually subsided and finally the haze had settled into a calmingly clear night. Winter and I were in her room where we'd talked for hours until we fell asleep. Currently she was snuggled up beside me, clutching tightly to my sweatshirt as if it was her pillow. Her face was buried deep in my neck as she smiled and hummed sleepily in her dreamy state.

I brushed her hair gently that fell across her face, making her stir slowly awake by whispering gently in her ear. "Goodmorning."

She stretched and yawned before glancing back at me with a sleepy smile. "Hey, what time is it?"

"Just after 4. We've got a few more hours before the sun rises."I continued to brush my fingers through her hair as if tenderly helping her back to sleep.

"Then why are you awake?" She asked, rubbing her tired eyes before blinking repeatedly to adjust to the dim light.

"I wanted to watch you sleep." I whispered quietly, her stunning beauty captivating the scene.

"Well that sounds creepy so don't." She chuckled, playfully turning onto her side to face me better.

"I prefer to think it's romantic." I replied with a grin, making her roll her eyes.

We stayed like that a while just staring at one another. It was fair to say if time was frozen then I'd have been more than content to live in that moment forever.

I must have been lost in deep thought when she suddenly cupped my cheek with her palm, leaning in closely. "You look really pretty, Rina especially by moonlight."

Her minty breathy brushed against my lips, the universe seeming to fade away around us. Only she ever had this effect on me, like everything sad and trivial drifted away and it was simply the 2 of us.

"I do?" I questioned when she shyly nodded. The moonlight was the only source of light in the room, casting shadows that silently danced in the breeze of the slightly opened window.

"You're like a ray of light on an otherwise misty night. You have a heart of gold and this way of putting me first. But sometimes you seem so sad and lost Rina and I just... I want you to know that you deserve to be happy too. Always." There was humble smile on her face thst never faulted. I never been around someone who made me feel happiness quite in the way she did.

I leaned forward to press my lips gently on hers, a kiss that spoke a thousand words of bliss and admiration. Pulling back after a few moments of bliss, I kept our faces close together to memorise every detail of her. "And you wonder why I can't stay away from you when you say things like that."

"It wasn't that I wanted you to stay away. It's just that I needed some space to think about us." She mumbled, fumbling with the fabric of the duvet around us.