CHAPTER 7

Story Note

Hi, thank you for reading and supporting my book! Just to let you know, this chapter is a flashback to explain more of the Winrina background to the story.

---------------------------------------------------------

(Flashback - 2 years earlier)

Winter's P.O.V.

The autumn leaves had fallen and winter had finally arrived, a cold and frosty air cast over the city of Seoul.

I'd traveled to the city from my home in Busan during the winter vacation break with my family who were there for business. I'd always loved the bright lights and rush of the metropolis, yet there were times when tranquility was needed, an oasis from the chaos and today that was in the form of a park south of the Han river.

We'd been in Seoul for only a few days but this park had rapidly become my favourite place to walk my dogs, Hank and Dalgom while enjoying the early morning breeze.

As I listened to music and happily strolled along the riverside, Hank with his mighty strength pulled the lead from my hand and ran in the direction of a cluster of trees that were scattered along the riverbank

I chased after him, calling his name frantically. After a short while, I saw him barking cheerfully and rolling over before sitting up beside a girl who was next to a river, patting his golden fur.

I ran up to them with a relieved smile, slightly out of breath. "Hey, are you okay? Sorry, Hank can be super excited meeting new people."

"..." She didn't reply, instead staring at me in fascination. Her long, dyed blonde hair was blowing in the wind, her eyes tinted a deep shade blue to rival any of the world's greatest oceans. Her make up was styled in a smokey fashion that contrasted to her rosy pink tinted cheeks and she was wearing a formal dress with lace detailing around the seams.

"Are you okay?" I repeated again, still to be met with silence engulfed by her mysterious aura.

Beside me, Dalgom the smallest of the 2 dogs, ran to follow a squirrel that was scuttling up a large, towering tree. My eyes went wide as I sighed in dismay. "Could you just watch Hank one second? Dalgom, come here!"

Flustered, I ran to follow Dalgom muttering and pouting to myself. "Stop chasing that squirrel. It's just my luck I have to walk you and Hank both at the same time!"

When he finally jumped into my arms, I returned to Hank and the girl beside him who was giggling to herself. It seemed my maze of running after the dogs had caused her to smile.

"Thank you, I'm sorry about that." I mumbled shyly with a small smile.

"..." She still didn't say anything, staring at me while searching my eyes in wonder.