CHAPTER 4

Saturday 2pm (1 week later)

Winter's P.O.V.

It had been a week since the party and Karina and I had been talking a lot more. She had been calling and messaging non-stop, making me question those feelings of nostalgia that continued to resurface with the subtle things she'd say. Sometimes it was surprising knowing how busy she was how barely a second would pass and she'd always instantly reply as if laying in waiting.

As I pushed my phone back into my jacket pocket, I continued with my rehearsal time in one of the studio rooms of the music department. It had quickly become my favourite time of the week where I could indulge in rehearsing songs in karaoke style whilst spending time relaxing with my friends.

 It had quickly become my favourite time of the week where I could indulge in rehearsing songs in karaoke style whilst spending time relaxing with my friends

A few hours later and it was mid in the afternoon when I'd planned to meet Karina at the library on campus for her to help me with my exam preparations. I'd tried to rearrange but she was adamant to help and she'd messaged me a short while earlier asking to go to her dorm instead.

After having spent much of yesterday preparing for my exam, I'd hardly slept but I was determined to catch up having started the semester later than everyone else. I had my books clutched tightly in my hand, my bag over my shoulder as I wandered around the grounds.

Nervously, I made my way to the far side of the prestigious university campus to an elite dormitory exclusively for senior members of the student council. Entering the lobby, it seemed the building was divided into 6 floors with Karina's room behind on the top floor.

As I went in the elevator, listening to the music like I was in an elegant hotel, I finally arrived to a lavish hallway. At the end stood a lone door. In disbelief, I realised Karina's dorm room was in fact an entire floor all to herself.

I barely knocked once on the door before it was immediately opened revealing the student council president herself looking effortlessly beautiful as always.

"Wow... you answered that really quick. Were you waiting for me?" My hand still mid-air from literally just knocking on the door.

She smiled widely, leaning against the door casually whilst leaving a gap to invite me in. "Evidently. Come in, Winter."