CHAPTER 6

Thursday 3pm

Winter's P.O.V.

All morning I'd been apprehensive at the thought of seeing Karina again. As I made my way back upstairs to my dormitory with Ning Ning after a busy day on campus, I tried to explain to her exactly what had happened over the past few days.

"So it's been a pretty eventful week between you and Jimin, right?" She stated with a sidewards glance, unlocking our shared dormitory as I wandered inside with my head in my hands.

"Maybe..." I muttered, letting myself fall onto the couch surrounded by a sea of pillows. I stared ahead at my reflection in the TV on the opposite wall, relaxed to finally be back in the dorm after such a hectic day.

 I stared ahead at my reflection in the TV on the opposite wall, relaxed to finally be back in the dorm after such a hectic day

"Wow, you know it seems pretty fast that she's so fascinated by you. So are you dating the student council president now? Interesting turn of events." Ning Ning stated casually as she began putting away a few groceries we'd bought after of lectures earlier that day.

"No we're not, Ning Ning." I protested, my ears turning red in embarrassment.

"Well what did you say to her at the lake yesterday after your romantic moment?" Ning Ning asked with a chuckle, closing the cupboard doors before making her way over to sit beside me.

I huddled my knees and placed a pillow on them, burying my face into it as I muffled. "I didn't exactly say anything, I just sort of... ran back here."

"Winter!" Ning Ning yelled, I turned my head sheepishly to see the playful, yet judgmental look on her face.

"I know but I was really shy and I knew it'd be awkward!" I yelled, sitting up only to slouch my back against the couch.

My phone began to ring as I looked down at the illuminated screen to see Karina was calling me for the 100th time that day. "She keeps calling me."

"Then answer it?" Ning Ning suggested, casually turning on the TV and filling the room with the sounds of the latest Kpop songs.

I paused in thought, pouting before turning to Ning Ning for help and holding out my phone to her. "Will you talk to her for me?"

"No way! She's your crush." She chuckled, making me scoff.

"She's not my crush." I bit my lip, watching as the call ended and the screen finally faded.

"That's not what everyone on campus has been saying." Ning Ning continued, scrolling through her phone.

"This campus gossips too much." I whined, sinking further into my seat.

There was a sudden knock at the door as Ning Ning and I exchanged glances over who would have the most energy to get up and answer the door. When the knocking continued to get louder, I sighed reluctantly getting up as Ning Ning smirked in victory.