CHAPTER 5

Sunday 10am

Winter's P.O.V.

A bright spell of light awoke me from my peaceful slumber as I snuggled closely into the soft pillow beside me.

Tiredly yawning, I sleepily opened my eyes surprised to be greeted by a gentle smile. "Goodmorning Winter."

Startled, I quickly glanced around realising I was still at Karina's dorm laying beside her on the couch in the lounge with my arms wrapped around her. "Karina? I fell asleep?"

"It's okay, you were really tired. Did you sleep well?" She asked, still smiling while brushing my hair with her fingertips.

"The couch is comfy and I... thought you were my pillow. Sorry." I muttered shyly and shuffling away, causing her to giggle.

"That's a role I'm more than happy to be." She beamed while I rolled my eyes.

"We should probably get up, I need to go to the library-" I began to say but was immediately stopped.

She held me in place as if worried I might suddenly disappear. I blinked rapidly, confusion apparent as she whispered into my ear. "Stay here."

"I... I can't, I have books to return and I'm really in need of coffee." I chuckled, unable to stop myself from yawning again.

"I'll make you some coffee then." She said with a smile.

"But I-" I began to protest again but Karina was already on her way to the kitchen, ignoring any attempt that I might refuse staying there any loner.

"It's fine, just relax. You like capaccinos right. Extra milk, no sugar?" She called casually from afar.

It was exactly the way I liked my coffee as I nodded happily in delight. "That sounds perfect... wait how did-"

"You talk in your sleep. It was random topics but very amusing." She chuckled as I followed her, trailing behind to the kitchen.

"Well that's embarrassing." I muttered but she didn't seem to mind, placing 2 cups beneath an expensive coffee machine while brewing the beans and warming the milk before whisking it expertly into the cups.

It was a taste sensation, an immediate smile making it's way onto my face which Karina seemed to notice. I was often so in awe of her in so many ways from her model looks to her undeniable intelligence. I took another sip while Karina leaned on the counter island in the center of the room. "Your exam is on Wednesday right?"

"Yeah, a couple more days and then I can officially relax. I'm actually going to the university talent show afterwards, I'm thinking of it as a reward to help take my mind off the exam." It was something I was looking forward over the past week to see many of the debut idols on campus.

"Talent show?" She questioned, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, aren't you going too?" I was surprised she wasn't interested, given that part of her responsibilities in the student council were centered around organising and arranging these large events.

"I'd prefer not to." She replied somewhat sternly.

I shrugged my shoulders. "That's a shame, I'm going with Ning Ning, Wendy and Taeyeon-"

"I'll be there. We can go after my meeting." She instantly replied at the mention of my friends.

"But you just said-" I began to say in confusion but as usual she interrupted.

"I'll be there with you so I'm sure it'll be great." There was another warm smile on her face that seemed to melt away at the icy exterior she had before.