8. Valardia

Nano's meticulous investigations into the world of Pydna have revealed crucial details about his surroundings, compiled within his digital diary for reference. Through satellite surveillance and data collection, Nano has garnered insights into the planet's geography and atmospheric phenomena. The primary landmass, known as Therabilia, dominates the planet's surface, encompassing diverse landscapes and regions. Beyond the shores of Therabilia lies the treacherous Iroley Sea, renowned for its perilous waters and relentless storms. The depths of Nornet within the Iroley Sea pose significant hazards to seafaring vessels, earning a reputation as a watery graveyard due to the frequent occurrence of electric storms and destructive tornadoes, which plague the area without respite throughout the year.

In this world, time is measured in cycles, each lasting either 371 or 372 days, and the current era is known as the Brury era, currently in the year 777.

During the 486th cycle of the Brury era, a significant maritime achievement occurred when Commodore Alfan, a retired lizardfolk naval officer, embarked on a daring voyage across the treacherous Iroley Sea aboard the merchant ship Alys, named after his granddaughter. Alfan's lifelong ambition to explore the vast expanse of the sea led him to join the navy of his homeland, Ephidrosia. At the age of sixty, he set sail from Milmer Harbor, the capital of Ephidrosia located in western Therabilia. Despite encountering near-fatal challenges amidst the tempestuous depths of Nornet, Alfan and his crew persevered, eventually navigating their way through the tumultuous waters and reaching the tranquil shores of the Heptarchy of India, an eastern nation within Therabilia.

For centuries, there persisted a belief that the world was flat, with speculation regarding the existence of void or perhaps undiscovered continents beyond the Iroley Sea to the east and west of Therabilia. However, through the courageous expeditions led by Alfan and other intrepid sailors, many of whom tragically perished in the perilous depths of Nornet, it was gradually revealed that the planet was indeed spherical in shape. Therabilia emerged as the sole landmass amidst the vast expanse of ocean, with only a handful of small islands scattered throughout the calmer regions of the Iroley Sea. While most of these islands remained uninhabited, serving as havens for lizards and penguins, a select few evolved into vibrant ecosystems akin to the renowned Galapagos Islands of Earth, teeming with diverse and unique forms of life.

 While most of these islands remained uninhabited, serving as havens for lizards and penguins, a select few evolved into vibrant ecosystems akin to the renowned Galapagos Islands of Earth, teeming with diverse and unique forms of life

(Tarrien type sailing ship, similar to the one used by commodore Alfan (made with AI))

In Therabilia, the continent is commonly divided into two distinct zones: Western Therabilia and Eastern Therabilia. The central plains serve as the primary trade route connecting these two regions, rendering the Pydnan Free Territory one of the most culturally diverse areas on the continent. This geographical division has significant political implications for many nations, particularly concerning demographics.

Therabilia boasts a multitude of races, including humans, orcs, goblins, werewolves, and more. Some of these races exist as free citizens, while others endure lives of servitude as slaves. This stark contrast has frequently sparked conflicts across nations, whether over land control, issues of slavery, ethnic cleansing, or even cataclysmic wars.