19. The prince and Nano

Kushki Bay, City of Mish

Elise attempts to return Nano's book, but the prince's advisor informs her that both Nano and the prince have departed for an undisclosed location. This gives Mogens and the group ample opportunity to delve into Nano's diaries in his office. Meanwhile, Nano and the prince find themselves in Kushki Bay, waiting until nightfall to infiltrate Barta Harbor and obtain the dock rental documents without parliamentary permission.

During their wait, the prince engages Nano in a conversation about his role in the war. Nano expresses his desire to protect the innocent, echoing the wishes of his creator. Understanding Nano's sentiments, the prince confides in him about the limitations of his position. He reveals that his grandfather's governance was flawed, leading to the establishment of a parliamentary system where the ruler's decisions are subject to debate and approval. However, since assuming the throne prematurely due to his father's untimely death, the prince feels sidelined by the parliament, reduced to a mere figurehead while they wield true power behind the scenes.

The prince shares with Nano the parliament's intention to sever ties with the Axis, a decision that concerns him deeply given the parliament's human composition. Nano acknowledges the importance of power-sharing but suggests a more balanced distribution between the crown and the parliament to prevent one entity from monopolizing authority. He urges the prince to reform the power structure to prevent the parliament from making rash decisions like leaving the Axis. However, the prince expresses apprehension, revealing his fears of emulating his grandfather's despotic rule or meeting the same fate as his father, who was presumably assassinated by the parliament. Nano reassures him, emphasizing the importance of securing his position not only for himself but for the well-being of his people. With resolve, Nano urges the prince to prepare for their infiltration mission, ready to assist him in whatever capacity necessary.

Under the cover of darkness, Nano deploys a small spider drone to infiltrate the docks, with the prince guiding its movements. The spider stealthily navigates through the docks, evading guards and wizards positioned by the parliament. Upon reaching office building no. 3, where the dock space rental documents are kept, the spider captures footage of the guard holding the keys. Seizing an opportune moment when the guard is momentarily distracted, the spider incapacitates him with an electric shock, retrieves the keys, and transmits their location for extraction. Nano and the prince shadow the spider's path, dodging guards along the way until they reach office no. 3. Inside, the prince heads to the manager's office and procures the documents related to the day of the explosion. Returning to the castle, they retire to Nano's office to review the obtained documents in detail.

*door knocks*

Prince Szekely: you can enter.

Elise: Prince, nano! where have you been, we were worried.

Thorin: ah? Oh yes, yes, really worried.

Nano: we obtained the docks rental documents of the day of the accident, take a look.

Mogens: so, according to this, the ship was from a goblin called Vermin, 55 cycles old, mhm... a shipment of Majoutite sand for a glass manufacturer...dock 4 space 7.

Durin: according to the city investigation the barrels were filled with fire dust first and the sand was added later, what makes the question, or vermin is part of the attack or his shipment was changed by the fire dust barrels?

Prince Szekely: and these are the documents of the guards who inspected the barrels.

Elise: mmm, all of them are humans, and they are positioned in different parts of the harbor, there was no reason for all of them to look for one ship.