17. Nano's diary

As the factories neared completion, a cycle swiftly passed, ushering in the first days of winter. However, before the machines could hum to life, workers required a month of thorough instruction to set the factories in motion. During this interim, Nano and his group found themselves in the city of Senos, guided by the Iacosian minister. Their time was spent within the bustling halls of the Bounty Hunters Guild, where their Pydnan licenses granted them temporary credentials for their stay in Iacosia. Amidst a flurry of assignments and tasks, the minister summoned them to discuss the long-awaited completion of the factories.

The original plan for the factories involved utilizing concrete—a recent innovation spearheaded by Nano—alongside brick. However, given the pressing need to arm soldiers in the Western territories, a decision was made to construct them using clay and bricks, supplemented by wood for areas not exposed to fire. The assembly facility, similarly fashioned from wood and clay, echoes the architectural style of surrounding structures in the city. As operations commenced, within two months, the factories churned out a hundred muskets, each identical in construction, featuring wood, brass, and iron components, with the Axis coat of arms intricately carved as the sole embellishment.

In the discussion with the minister, Nano declines the proposal for constructing additional facilities at the moment but assures the minister that he will give it some thought. Later, outside the facility in a tent, Nano engages in a Troma game session with Elise, renowned as an expert player. However, Nano's meticulous study of the game, analyzing each match meticulously, has elevated his skills to surpass hers effortlessly.

Thanh: how much time have they been playing?

Durin: 68 matches.

Thanh: that much? And who is winning?

Mogens: Elise had won match by match, until the 18th, when Nano started crushing her, But Elise hadn't surrendered yet

Elise: this one, this is the good one!

Elise starts moving her pieces across the triangle pattern on the board, until nano charges with four movements.

Nano: your red piece is surrounded.

Elise: ...no...

Nano: my 35 vinosos?

Elise gives Nano 35 gold vinosos, which now turn to 38 for the next match.

Elise: 38, that's my final offer, if I win, you will give me my money back.

As Nano tried to respond, the minister interrupted and summoned them to his temporal office in Senos. Upon arrival, the minister delivered troubling news: the Duchy of Malsckernia had capitulated to Valardia and became a vassal state. Furthermore, Valardian forces were advancing toward Cavovium Lake in Calumia. The Axis War Division had confirmed reports of golems in the Valardian military—formidable beings resistant to magic and possessing immense strength capable of effortlessly piercing through armor. Currently, the Axis was strategizing on how to counter these golems, along with addressing the threat posed by long-distance cannons utilized by Valardia to bombard cities before a frontal assault.

 Currently, the Axis was strategizing on how to counter these golems, along with addressing the threat posed by long-distance cannons utilized by Valardia to bombard cities before a frontal assault