9. The axis

From here, you will hear the noble title Korrin which is similar to a king and is used principally in Valardia.
—————————————————————————

king Proetos: firearms?

Duchess Maha: indeed.

Judge:are you saying that your evidence is tat nobles are fighting in the valardian empire? that is common even for us.

Duke Arlen: and not just that, your honor.

The golden hawks proceed to open a chest from where they take out a military uniform along with a wooden satchel with paper cartridge ammunition.

(cartridge box)

(Kref-type musket with wooden support bar and breech-loading system)

Everyone gets shocked die to the equipment recovered from the recent battle in Calumia

Duke Arlen: our spies have found out the Valardian army has invented a way to produce muskets in great quantities and are arming their soldiers with them.

The rest of the court starts discussing between them until the judge asks to one of them to give his opinion.

Queen Sahira al-khan: can you be more specific regarding the muskets?

Duchess Maha takes one of the muskets to show its characteristics while Duke Arlen explains.

Duke Arlen: of course my queen. Regarding the recovered muskets and the information of the prisoners, these are a new model called Kref type which uses a loading system different than our muskets, and as you can see, its ammunition is loaded directly in the breech, not from the muzzle. Also, some of them have a removable support bar that can be used to keep the rifle straight against a surface while aiming.

Duchess Maha proceeds to take out a paper cartridge from the cartridge box.

Duke Arlen: now, as you can see, the Valardian army uses what they call 'paper cartridges' which are pieces of paper that contain the exact amount of fire dust needed and a cone-shaped projectile, all secured to the paper with a small thread and covered in an extract to protect it from water.