Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the TMI characters.

Clary POV

I, being the idiot I am, forgot to bring money for lunch. Not that I'm that hungry.

Isabelle drags me over to to her table at lunch with one hand while holding her tray with the other. She introduces me to her friends, Maia, Jordan, Simon, Jem, Tessa, Will, and Cecily who's fifteen (AN: I'm tweaking the ages) and her brother, Alec. I can tell by looking at the body language that Maia and Jordan are dating. I have to hold back laughter at the sexual tension I feel between Jem, Tessa, and Will. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some drama between those three.

I sit down and just listen to them talk, occasionally joining in. I'm happy they don't seem affected by my scars like every single person has been. Even now I'm feeling so many gazes on me and it makes me kinda uncomfortable.

"Aren't you hungry, Clary?" Will asks as he stuffs some hamburger in his mouth.

I just shrug a little. "Not really."

Simon then asks about something that's not, gasp, nerd related. It really surprised me to be honest. I may like half the stuff he was talking about, but damn he can go on a nerd rant. "Can you tell us something about yourself?"

I gulp a little and tell them my sob story. "I was born in Brooklyn, one year younger than my older brother Jonathan, then when I was ten my parents divorced. When custody was brought up, my dad barely had to fight for custody of me. Once it was all done, my mom had Jon and my dad had me. Then we left. My dad moved us to LA and we started a new life there. That is, until we had to move again, and again all because of me and my stupid growing depression. Finally, he decided to move back to New York and here I am. Telling my life story to all of you." I look at my feet and start picking at my nails.

"Have you even heard from your mom or brother since the divorce?" Tessa asks. Isabelle told me she was raised by her aunt after her parents died when she was three so it doesn't surprise me she's asking about my family.

I shake my head and respond, "Nope," popping the 'p'. "It's sorta what fueled my depression. The feeling that my mom didn't want me." I shift uncomfortably. "So who else wants to talk?"

Luckily, Will starts joking about his sister Cecily causing her to slap his arm, scolding him in another language. I notice he has the same last name as Jace so I have to ask, "Are you and Jace related or something?"

Will just laughs and says, "Yeah. We're cousins. We were still living in Wales when his parents died, though, so the Lightwoods here took him in." My eyes widen in surprise. Jace's parents are dead? And Isabelle and Alec are related to him?

"Yeah. Our parents adopted him like six years ago," Alec states. I'm about to ask how he knew what I was thinking when he adds, "You were talking out loud."

"Oh," is all I can say before a loud crowd of boys bursts into the cafeteria. Will rolls his eyes at a boy with light brown hair and green eyes while Cecily goes all crushy. I almost burst out laughing there. It doesn't even surprise me that Jace is at the head of the group.

They walk past and the light brown hair boy stops and scowls at Will. "William," he says simply.

"Gabriel," Will replies glaring back at him. Everyone else just lets this play out like it's a normal thing.

Gabriel just turns to Cecily. "Hello Cecily," he says smiling genuinely, causing Cecily to blush and Will to roll his eyes.

Cecily smiles back. "Hey Gabriel. Do you still want to hang out after school?" I can tell there's hope in her voice. She must really like Gabriel. I almost thought she was just trying to spite Will or something at first.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I Cecy?" They both ignore Will's glares as they smile at each other. They just stay there like that until Jace yells over to Gabriel. "I'll see ya around Cecily."

Gabriel runs off leaving Cecily sitting there smiling like an idiot. Izzy, Tessa, and Maia start laughing as Will and Jem look annoyed. "Damn can my cousin pick a good one!" Izzy yells between laughs. Alec reaches across the table and swats her arm.

"Someone please explain who that was," I say as I see the sour look on Will's face.

"My cousin Gabriel aka Cecily's boyfriend and Will's sworn enemy ever since Will embarrassed his sister Tatiana at a Christmas party years ago," Alec explains clearly not entirely interested in the matter.

"It's not my fault Tatiana was annoyingly obsessed with me!" Will yells defending himself.

Cecily's neck swings almost whiplash-fast to look at him. "That didn't mean you had to read her diary in front of all those people, Gwilym! Image what that did to her self esteem!"

Will cringes a little at his Welsh name being used. "She wouldn't leave me alone! Ar hunan-barch lleiaf y gellir ei ailadeiladu!"

"Nid dyna'r pwynt, Gwilym!" Cecily yells back. They keep going back and forth in Welsh and the rest of us just sit there awkwardly. Man I miss arguing with Jon and making people sit through it.

The bell rings and everyone goes to their classes. I'm the only one in the group that has geometry right now so I walk alone to the classroom. I feel someone come up behind me and a hand touches me too close to my ass as someone whispers in my ear, "Did you think about my proposal from earlier babe?" His hand snakes lower so I grab his wrist and twist hard. Sebastian yells out in pain and someone grabs my shoulders and pulls me away.

"Woah there Red," Jace says as he holds me back from a wincing Sebastian.

"Fucking bitch! I think she broke my wrist!" Sebastian complains.

"I thought I told you to fuck off earlier Sebastard," I say trying to get to him. I may be depressed, but no one messes with me. Jace just wraps his arms tighter around me as he holds me back and my heart jumps. What the fuck is that about? I just met him!

"C'mon Red. He's not worth it." Jace pulls me off towards the geometry classroom and once we're far enough away, I break down. Jace stops and pulls me into a closet. "What's wrong, Red?" he asks as he wipes my tears away.

"Tell me the truth. What do guys think when they look at me?" Before he answers I go dead serious and add, "Tell me the fucking truth."

Jace sighs slightly. "Most of the guys were saying how much of a hot body you have and how they were planning on getting you in bed at lunch." He looks at his feet like he can't even bare looking at me after what he just said.

I scoff a little. "Great. I'm finally excited about moving somewhere and the guys are all dickheads who only see me as a fuck toy." I sit down with my knees pulled up to my chest. "Because that's just the image I want."

Jace sits down next to me. "While your body is pretty hot, I don't see you like that."

I laugh slightly. "Oh really? The manwhore doesn't see my body and think about fucking me?" He feigns hurt and I start laughing slightly.

Then the signature smirk finds its way onto his face.

"I have to admit it has crossed my mind." He chuckles as I roll my eyes and laugh slightly.

"And how do you see me?" I ask honestly intrigued.

"Like a strong bitch." I laugh a little and nod telling him to continue. "You've been through so much, and Izzy probably only told me a small part of it, yet you still walk around like you own this fucking place. After all the shit you've been through, you keep going."

"Most people don't make light of my depression."

"Well I'm not 'most people'. I'm much hotter."

I roll my eyes. And just when I was thinking he wasn't a total manwhore.