Chapter 5

Clary POV

My dad is making me go back to school today since the school called about me being 'sick' the entire week. He doesn't know about the baby--and never will if I have my way--so he was pissed when he got the call. Basically, I've been playing hookie to avoid everyone. I've also been exploring my options with this, uh, situation. I have no intention of becoming a teen mom. There's one option I keep considering, but I don't want to do it alone. So, I'm gonna tell her. I just hope she'll forgive me.

"Hey Clary!" Isabelle greets. "Are you feeling better? You've been gone for a week."

"C-can I talk to you? In private," I add as I glance at Cecily and Tessa.

A concerned look crosses her face. "Of course." We walk to an empty music room and I lock the door. "What's this about, Clary? Is everything okay?"

I let the tears I've been holding in for days come out. "No, it's not." I wipe my eyes which does absolutely nothing before I continue. "I did something, Iz. And I'm not sure if you'll be able to forgive me. And if you don't, I'll completely understand."

Isabelle comes over and wraps me in a hug. "Shh. What did you do Clary?" she asks in a soothing voice.

"A-after my mom called me that first time, I went to a club and got drunk. And I slept with someone." I choke on a sob before I whisper, "I slept with Jace. And now, I'm pregnant." The last sentence is barely a whisper. I hear her gasp and she holds me closer. "Uh can't do it Iz. I can't be a mom." I continue sobbing as she runs her hand over my hair.

"What do you want to do?" Isabelle asks softly.

I take a deep breath. This is going to be a hard choice for me, but I need to do it. I can't let this go on. With a shaky voice, I let out four life changing words.

"I want to abort."

___/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\___

Jace POV

I'm just sitting on my bed listening to Linkin Park when an enraged Isabelle bursts in.

"You just had to do it! You just had to fuck my best friend didn't you!?" she yells with pure rage in her voice.

"What the hell are you talking about!" I yell back as I take my earbuds out.

"Clary! You just had to fuck her and get her pregnant!"

I shocked and taken aback by her words. "Clary's not pregnant, Iz."

She just scoffs and and crosses her arms. "Maybe in a little while. Why do you have to be so selfish?"

"Isabelle, what are you talking about?" I ask sitting up straighter on my bed. A paled and horrified look crosses her face.

"She didn't tell you, did she?" she asks in a small voice.

I nod and say, "She told me she wasn't pregnant." I stand and walk over to Isabelle. "Is she?"

She still looks pale and horrified as she nods. "I'm so sorry Jace. I couldn't talk her out of it."

"Talk her out of what, Iz?" Fear starts to enter my tone as I see the regret in her eyes as she sighs and delivers the worst blow I've ever received.

"Jace, Clary's on her way to get an abortion."

I don't waist any time. I sprint out the door and to my car. There's only one clinic that does abortions without parental consent in the city and there's no way Clary would ever tell her dad about this. I have to stop her.

I barely even wait for the car to be parked before I run inside. I go to the lady at the front desk and say frantically, "Clary Fray. What room?"

She reluctantly tells me and I sprint there. I won't let her do this. I will care for Clary and this baby. Once I get to the room, I barge in.

Clary POV

The nurse had been gone for a few minutes before Jace barges in. "What the fuck!" I yell. "Jace, what are you doing here!?"

"Please tell me you haven't done it yet," he says frantically.

My heart stops for a minute. How does he know? And why does he care? "W-what are you talking about?"

"I know about the baby, Clary. Iz told me. Please tell me you haven't done anything yet," Jace pleads.

I shake my head a little but retort, "But why do you care? You were obviously relived when you thought I wasn't pregnant." I can feel the tears coming and I feel Jace wipe away the tears. As much as I don't want to, I lean into his touch.

"I didn't mean the 'Thank god' like that. I don't want you to go through the hardships of being a teen mom," he explains. "I will help you through this. Just please don't do this."

I close my eyes and softly say, "I can't do it. I can't kill the baby even if I want to. But how can I believe you? How can I trust you'll support me in this?"

He brushes his hand over my cheekbone and whispers, "You'll just have to trust me."

I close my eyes as he leans his forehead against mine. "I'm not asking you to love me, just support me."

"We'll have a problem there." I'm about to ask him what he means when his warm, soft lips press against mine. I kiss back as my fingers curl into his hair and his hands grip my waist. He nibbles at my lower lip asking for entrance and I immediately let him in. His tounge explores my mouth slowly, not leaving an inch unexplored. When he pulls away, I lean my head on his shoulder while he's still gripping my waist. "Let's get you out of here," he whispers as he kisses the top of my head.

I nod and gladly follow him out of the clinic.