Chapter 10

Clary POV

First Fall Out Boy and now Halsey. Why do I always fall in love with FRICKEN artists like that. Me venturing on Spotify is a dangerous thing indeed. Music is the one thing I'm not addicted to illegally so I guess that's good--even if all of Halsey's songs have something to do with sex and drugs. I decide to paint while I listen to my Halsey playlist. As 'Trouble' comes on I start working on details. I can't help but sing along.

Would you bleed for me?
Lick it off my lips like you needed me?
Would you sit me on a couch?
With your fingers in my mouth?
You look so cool when you're reading me.

Let's cause a little trouble.
Oh, you make me feel so weak.
I bet you kiss your knuckles.
Right before they touch my cheek.

But I've got my mind, made up this time.
Cause there's a menace in my bed.
Can you see his silhouette?

And I've got my mind, made up this time.
Go on and light a cigarette, set a fire in my head.
Set a fire in my head, tonight.

Would you lie for me?
Cross your sorry heart and hope to die for me?
Would you pin me to a wall?
Would you beg or would you crawl?
Stick a needle in your hungry eyes for me?

Let's cause a little trouble.
Oh, you make me feel so weak.
I bet you kiss your knuckles.
Right before they touch my cheek.

But I've got my mind, made up this time.
Cause there's a menace in my bed.
Can you see his silhouette?

And I've got my mind, made up this time.
Go on and light a cigarette, set a fire in my head.
Set a fire in my head, tonight.

Don't forget me, don't forget me.
I wouldn't leave you if you'd let me.
Hmm, when you met me when you met me.
You told me you were gonna get me.

Don't forget me don't forget me.
I wouldn't leave you if you'd...

And I've got my mind, made up this time.
Cause there's a menace in my bed.
Can you see his silhouette?

And I've got my mind, made up this time.
Go on and light a cigarette, set a fire in my head.
Set a fire in my head tonight, tonight, tonight.

I yell out when my earbud is yanked from my ear. Aline and Isabelle stand there with mischievous grins plastered on their faces. Ever since I introduced those two they've been partners in crime.

"No. Whatever it is, no," I say with warning in my tone.

"Now Clary, you don't even know what we were going to purpose," Aline says with a sly smile.

"Yes, but I know you two. The answer is no," I state as I work on the different colors of the sunset in my painting.

"Too bad. The winter formal is tonight and you're coming. No exceptions," Izzy says as she pulls me towards my room. "And before you bring it up, Aline and I got a dress for you earlier. We're getting you dressed then heading over to my house to finish getting ready with the girls."

When we get to the room Aline and I share, I see two dresses. Both are black with goldish detailing. Aline goes for one and I guess the other is mine. (I can't describe the dresses I choose for each girl so Clary's is in the media and I'll post parts for the other girls' dresses.) I pull it on and slowly unbraid my hair. I leave it in loose waves since it will most likely be curled later. Aline slips into her dress and pulls on a pair of black heels. Me, I go straight for my combat boots.

"Clary, you're not wearing those to the formal," Izzy states somewhat horrified.

My eyes roll on instinct. "If you want me to go to the dance at all, then yes, I am." She sighs in defeat and we all grab or stuff then head to Izzy's car. When we get to her house, the driveway is littered with cars. They pull me inside where it's a perfume wonderland.

Cecily, Tessa, and Maia are talking with their dresses already on and Cecily's hair is already done in a simple braided updo. Much to my dread, the next hour is filled with makeup and hairspray. We did end up taking the most rediculous selfies ever so I guess there's that bright side. Like I guessed earlier, my hair has been curled and my makeup is thicker than I would have liked. Isabelle basically told me to man up when I complained about it.

While most of us are just meeting the guys there, Gabriel decides to surprise Cecily and pick her up straight from his cousin's house. When she sees him she smiles so much as she runs to kiss him. (TID OTP!) We all start awing except for Tessa who doen't see it because her eyes are closed so Isabelle can do her eyeliner.

"What? What's going on!?" Tessa asks fighting the urge to open her eyes and risk smudging her eyeliner.

Gabriel just chuckles as he wraps his arm around Cecily. "We'll meet you guys there," he states as they turn to walk towards the door. As they walk, Cecily looks up to talk to him and Gabriel just smiles as he listens. Before they dissappear I see him lean down to kiss her forehead before telling her something.

"All in favor of voting them cutest couple and the couple every couple envies put your hand up," I state and everyone puts a hand up. I laugh slightly and walk to go raid Isabelle's jewelery before we have to go.

___/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\___

The dance is so crowded you don't even realize that it's winter. I'm dancing with Aline seeing as everyone else was stolen by their boyfriends. I point out Will scowling at his sister and Gabriel dancing and laughing which just makes us both laugh.

I tell Aline that I have to use the bathroom and make my way out of the gym. When I'm walking out of the bathroom, someone grabs my hand and pulls me to the side causing me to yelp. I look to see nine other than Jace. "Were you waiting for me outside the bathroom?" I ask.

"That's not the point," Jace says softly. "Clary I'm sorry. I had no idea you had that heart condition and I was grieving our baby. Please forgive me. I can't go on with you avoiding me because you're mad at me."

I look down at my feet and say, "I'm not avoiding you because I'm mad. I accepted you didn't know I ever had that condition weeks ago."

He places his hand under my chin and lifts it slowly. The look in his eyes is a mix of sadness and curiosity. "Then why? Why avoid me?"

"Be-because you're the only person I've ever loved, and it scares the shit out of me. I'm used to isolation and thus cold feeling. Whenever you're around the walls break down and I feel something else. I've been denying it for the past week, but the reason I'm avoiding you is that I'm afraid that I still love you." Jace wipes away a tear and runs his thumb over my cheek.

"You don't have to be afraid," he states and I can't help it anymore. I lean up and kiss him, locking my hands around his neck. His hands find their way to my hips where he holds them tightly as he deepens the kiss. Before I know it, or tongues are fighting for dominance. After his wins, I'm pinned against the lockers.

The only thing that stops us is someone muttering, "Get a room," as they walk by.

Jace and I smile at each other as we catch our breaths. "Let's go back to the dance," Jace says as he takes my hand. I smile and follow him willingly into the gym.

AN

I already told people this on my story You Broke Me but I have different readers for this story so I'll tell you again. I stated school yesterday so updates will be limited. So anyway, Clary's dress is in the media along with a fantastic song that stole my heart. I'm going to post the other girls' dresses soon. Bye!~Bella