Chapter 21

Clary POV

Tying up loose ends 101.

A. Know your target.

Once Mark has had four tequila shots, he doesn't even look at what he's drinking anymore. But seriously. Four shots? That's weak game.

B. Gain their trust.

If Mark thinks I'm his little party girl again, I'll have no problem there.

C. No witnesses.

Make sure I get him to a place where people rarely ever visit--like The Lookout. No cameras. Barely any people.

D. Make it look like a bloody accident.

I should have no problem there.

The Day of Tying the Ends of which are Loose (I'm a nerd >-<)

When I get ready to go to the bar, I try to look at least a little sexy. I throw on a dark red camisole with black detailing from American Eagle, black leather biker pants, and thick heeled lace up boots. I curl my hair to make it a little more orderly. Who knew cutting hair shorter would make it go so much more curl crazy?

When it comes to makeup, let's just say I've learned a bit. I throw on both liquid and powder foundation, bronzer, blusher, and concealer before I start my eyes. There I go for my Naked palette. I put on Darkhorse as a base, lightly put Smog on the outer corners of my eye lids, and lightly layer it all with Half-Baked. I expertly do winged eyeliner and my two mascaras--one for length and the other for darkening. Once my eyebrows are done and I have my dark red Mac lipstick on, I start on my every-outfit-essentials. (It's amazing what you can learn about makeup in Paris from your cousin and Zoella.)

My essentials are basically my leather jacket, fingerless leather biker gloves, all of my earrings in the correct places, and a locket I got in New Orleans. Yes, there's something in it. No, I'm not going to tell you. Not yet at least.

Anyway, I learned from over an hour of Internet stalking different bars in The Bronx, I finally found the right one. Before I leave my hotel room, I put a few things in my pockets.

It takes me a little over thirty five minutes to drive from the hotel to the bar I'm looking for. I decided to take a cab instead of my bike so it ended up taking a little longer. But hey, you know New York cabbies. They'll do anything for an extra buck. So, when we get to the Half Moon Bar, I give him a little tip.

When I enter the bar, I see him sitting there. His brown hair and blue green eyes are just as they were a year and a half ago when he made me leave. "Well this is certainly a familiar sight," I say as I take a seat by him on the torn bar stools. "Give me a whiskey," I say to the bar tender and he nods before grabbing a glass. When I look back at Mark, he's looking at me while smirking.

"So the rumors are true. You really are back Fray," he says humorously.

"Technically it's Morgenstern. Although if you go to certain parts of Luisiana, you'll know me as Clary Morgen. A few people might have some choice names for me but you know how it is," I say smirking.

"You'll always be Clary Fray to me. Because that is when you were the most fun. Maybe that person will come back to me."

I give him a slightly seductive look. "How do you know I'm not? I could have spent today with Iz or Aline or Jace but I came here. I decided to come to you."

"That you have," he says flashing a devilish smile. When my glass of whiskey is placed in front of me, I flash the barista a dazzling smile before I bring the cup to my lips.

___/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\__

Two beers, a total of ten tequila shots, and about half a bottle of whiskey later, Mark is completely drunk and I'm only a little tipsy. How, you might ask, I'm only slightly tipsy when we collectively drank so much? Well, I made sure he drank most of it and there may or may not be a small pool of liquor by my stool that I've successfully concealed for the past two hours.

Anyway, I'll be 'making my move' any minute now to get him alone. Faking a drunken laugh, I say, "We should totally go somewhere more private." I throw a wink in to convince him.

He just smiles and stands up, stumbling a little as we walk out of the bar and I hail a taxi. I make sure he gets in before me and tell the driver where to go before I step into the car. Now comes the hard part--making sure that after what happens next, I can't be implicated at all.

__/\_____/\_____/\_____/\_____/\__

When Mark and I get to The Lookout, no one is there. The cliff by the shore is completely abandoned. Luckily, it's sunset by the time we get there, so that could possibly help with my plan.

"Doesn't it look so cool!" I shriek as I pretend to be fricken wasted. Mark's arm is around my waist, and although I'm acting like it's completely normal, the touch feels like acid.

He laughs unsteadily. "So fucking cool! I should take a picture in front of it and make it my new Twitter profile!"

"Yeah do it!" He hands me his phone and tells me his passcode before going to stand right by edge of the cliff-- but not before he planted a kiss on my lips. A kiss that felt like fresh poison being forced down my throat. Facing the water, he holds both of his arms up, each with a single finger raised--I think you all know which finger. I pretend to get ready to take the picture, when, in reality, I'm getting a text ready to be sent to all of his friends and family.

"You good?" he calls over his shoulder. Time to finish this.

"I can't get it all in! Maybe you should go forward a few steps." He takes two steps forward and I say, "A little more." One step closer. Nearly there. "Just a few more steps." He takes three more steps--and falls right off the cliff.

His screams don't affect me as I calmly walk to the edge of the cliff and see his lifeless body sprawled across the rocks at the bottom. Smirking, I hit send on the simple text 'Goodbye' and drop the phone on the ground, crushing it under my booted heel. I can't believe it was this easy.

"Clary? What the fuck just happened!?"

Okay, maybe not entirely easy. Turning, and sounding entirely irritated, I ask, "What are you doing here--?"

And that's where I'm gonna leave y'all!

So Clary has now technically murdered two people (possibly more in New Orleans 😈) before she's even twenty... sounds like life goals to me! Another update will be coming soon so prepare your fangirl hearts. Bye!