rafe cameron | jealous are we?

▪︎▪︎▪︎

o. In which jealousy is the cause to expose both yours and Rafe's secret relationship.

warnings: nope, except jealous rafe.

a-n: I wasn't entirely sure who to edit/change this fic to, but then I decided i could do it for rafe. Also, again, this is #25 from my prompt list

❤️

It wasn't really your intention to keep yours and Rafe's relationship a secret from both your friends and his own. Especially considering you were a pogue, and he was a kook.

You knew you should have at least told them that you had been dating the kook boy for the past two months. So you could avoid this whole situation from happening. Yet, you both kind of just never found the right time to do so and just forgot to mention it to them.

So now, Rafe sat there with his friends in the Wreck . His gaze locked directly to the furthest table away from him and onto your figure, focussing closely on where your figure sat. Attempting to ignore the guy sitting across from you, as his fists clenched together angrily down by his side.

He watched as a small smile adorned careful features as you politely nodded your head along towards the conversation the other guy was having with you. You were simply unaware of the true intentions behind the guy talking to you. You had only even gone over there because your own friends had practically begged you to.

He just knew the other guy was working on the courage to finally ask for your phone number soon. Especially remembering how he overheard your friend, Kie, mentioning how she'd noticed that the guy would constantly steal brief glances in your direction since he had entered the shop.

Rafe wished he had stopped you from moving over there, as now he was paying the price for that. He blamed your best friend for making you leave her side. But maybe he should have expected this kind of thing to happen at some point. His friends (and yours) weren't even aware of him dating Y/n at that point in time.

The kook forced himself to not audibly let out a huff in frustration, at the sight of you still over there. A mix of jealousy and anger pooling in the pit of his stomach, as he fought to not let it show how much this situation was bothering him. He did trust you. He knows he does. But the constant worrisome thoughts continued to linger in his mind.

What if you left him for someone better?

What if you didn't love him anymore?

What if...What if...

All these thoughts only began to annoy him further, and he knew a scowl must have settled onto his features as of now. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't take you sitting over there all friendly and laughing with him.

Abruptly, he stood up from where he sat, catching the attention of both Topper and Kelce nearby. His fists were still clenched tightly at his sides, as his friends looked on in confusion at him.

"Are you okay, Rafe?" Topper asked, but his question remained unanswered as both he and Kelce watched the boy in question storm off.

Both spotted his retreating form till they followed his gaze, and they landed on where you sat now, and that's when it clicked for them. That he was jealous. Why? They weren't sure.

Meanwhile, Rafe landed beside his pogue girlfriend, who had now noticed him walk up to the table. Your eyes widened a little, as you were suddenly pulled from where you had previously been sitting.

You watched his eyes, in confusion for a moment before he was pulling you from your seat, and you felt his lips fall onto your own. Which you didn't even hesitate to reciprocate in the slightest.

The boy, most likely a touron, as Rafe didn't recognise him, who sat across from you, in surprise managed to stutter out a few apologies and scurried off out of sight.

You and Rafe now pulled away once he had left you two, embarrassed. You felt your smile widen a little now. Each kiss you both shared still always managed to leave you breathless and in pure bliss every time.

"Jealous, are we?" Your smile quickly changes into a small smirk, once you remembered how he had stormed over here moments before. Your hands entangling together around his neck and your eyes connecting with his own.

"No." Rafe lied, but it was obvious from his features to you that he was. His head is now finding its way to bury into the crook of your neck. His jealousy was slowly fading from where it had formed now. A smile on his face finally managed to replace the anger that had previously overcome him.

"But hey, kook or not, at least everyone knows now that you're mine." He nodded, both of you glancing back in the direction of Topper, and Kelce still sat at the table behind you, shocked.

Then, peeking over at Kiara, who also looked in an equal state of shock, from where she was behind the counter, not expecting for you to be dating the kook prince.