His Voice

You spent your lunch break in Tsukki's classroom as usual, chatting with him while he ate. Even though he gave one-word responses, you never ran out of things to talk about, happily filling the silence.

There was something so soothing about Tsukki's low, monotone voice. The gentle lilt of his Kyoto accent sent a thrill through you every time. You could listen to him talk for hours if he let you.

In the midst of your rambling story, Tsukki's phone vibrated with a new message. He checked it disinterestedly. "Ah, it's Yamaguchi. He wants me to meet him after class."

Your face fell at the thought of your lunch date ending early. But you tried not to be too clingy. "Okay, well I'll let you get back to your food."

Tsukki seemed to read your disappointment. He reached out to hook a finger under your chin, tilting your face up to meet his eyes. "You seem upset. What is it?"

His voice sent a wave of affection through you. Biting your lip, you confessed, "I just love listening to you talk. Your voice is so soothing."

A rare smile crept onto Tsukki's lips. He leaned in so his breath tickled your ear. "If you want, you can call me later. I don't mind listening to you chatter on for hours."

Your face burned at his rare public display of affection, made all the more meaningful spoken in his deep, melodic voice. You couldn't wait for later.

After classes ended for the day, you walked to the gym with Yamaguchi, excited to watch practice as usual. But you found yourself distracted, constantly checking your phone waiting for Tsukki's call.

"You seem antsy today," Yamaguchi observed with a knowing smile. "Expecting a certain someone to call?"

You stuck your tongue out at him, but didn't deny it. Practice started so you tried to focus your attention on the court, admiring Tsukki's impeccable form from afar.

But as the scrimmage dragged on, you started to pout. Tsukki was so busy playing he hadn't had a chance to call yet. You sighed loudly.

Hearing you, Tsukki glanced over with an impassive gaze. But something in his eyes softened. He walked over and wordlessly slipped you his headphones. "Here. Listen to music until I'm done."

Eagerly you slid them on, pressed play on his playlist. And then you heard it - Tsukki's smooth, melodic voice filtering through the music. Your heart swelled as he rambled on about some dinosaur fact in that soothing tone.

By the time practice ended, you were smiling dreamily with hearts in your eyes. You returned Tsukki's headphones with a quick peck on his cheek, feeling beyond lucky to call this beautiful boy yours.