Chapter 5

Hey everyone! Thank you for being so patient for the update, I know you've all been waiting a long time! Hopefully this will be good enough, and you'll enjoy it!

In case you missed my little note, you should know that I fixed the ending for the ffirst AMT book, and you might want to check it out; even I say it's good xD

On the side, there's a picture of Dakota Fanning, also known in this story as Princess Breena. And the song Someone like you by the fabulous Adele!

Enjoy!

Chapter 5

Gabrielle  

She felt herself being pulled down deeper and deeper into the water. Despite being a part of the swim team since she was a little girl, her skills were nothing against the force that was dragging her further down into the ocean. But eventually as fast as it started, it all stopped, and Gabrielle was then simply floating in the water. For a few seconds, she was unable to move, as she slowly felt the salt water fill her lungs. It was strange how some people said that right before you were about to die, you see your life flash before your eyes; Gabrielle didn’t get that. Instead, she saw things that she’d once upon a time had dreamed about; had nightmares about. She saw an arm in the darkness, coming out and reaching for her. Everything seemed so real, that she screamed despite being under water, but oddly enough, the scream sounded the same as if it would if she was on the surface. Images continue to flash before her mind. A dark kingdom in total darkness, a cold terrifying place that for some reason she felt drowned to. A cold laugh suddenly made the dark kingdom vanish, and Gabrielle found herself in darkness with three white pale faces staring at her. The faces were laughing coldly and loudly, as they began to multiply into more people. Eventually, the laugher transformed into screams; hit pitched, and ear hurting screams that didn’t even sound human. Before she was even able to stop herself, Gabrielle let out the same scream that she was hearing. She then felt the water just flow into her lungs, but for some reason, she didn’t choke on it. She then felt an awful pain go through her entire body, as the images continued to haunt her mind. The dark laughing and screaming room suddenly changed to giant golden underwater doors with writing that she didn’t understand on it. The door then opened, revealing a bright white light. For a moment, Gabrielle thought that it might be death, but no, she was still alive and in incredible pain. Gabrielle opened her eyes, and realised with a shock that everything around was dark. No, wait, the more she kept her eyes open, the easier it was to see around her. What’s happening to me? She thought, as she let out yet another cry of pain.

Tara

I wasn’t able to decide whether I was madder at myself, or at my brother. I came to the conclusion that I was probably the bigger idiot out of the both of us. As Danicio and I had been driving and running around town like complete loons, I had suddenly remembered a conversation that I once upon a time had with my brother.  Basically, I had told him that if ever the Deep found their way up to the surface or anything else as equality terrible, he was supposed to go hide at Sabian and Dakaina’s house. How could I have not remembered that?

                It was probably close to midnight, and Danicio was driving a speed boat on the ocean, we were both quiet as he slowly navigated us to the small island of the cottage. I wasn’t allowed to go in the water yet; if I were to go in, the dark merpeople could sense my presence and possibly capture me. I felt my skin getting dry because it wasn’t used to being out of water for so long. Usually when I came to visit Ridge up on the surface and decided to stay with him overnight, I slept in the bathroom that I’d filled with salt water. Neither of us commented on how weird it was, but we both knew that I was going crazy.