Chapter 21

I had a lot of difficulty getting this chapter done, but I'm glad it's finally posted and thank you all for being so patient, I understand that the last chapter didn't really end too well (evil laugh). Again, this book is still not over yet, there's about three or four chapters left and then there's a THIRD BOOK which if everything goes according to plan I should post in September.

Anyway, I don't see why I should keep you waiting. As picture I put a girl in water and as song I chose Rolling in the Deep by Adele.

Enjoy!

Chapter 21

Gabrielle

                She watched in horror as Auron’s men fired upon Queen Tarabelle and King Taiven of the Upper Kingdom. The following events occurred so fast that Gabrielle had difficulty processing them all at once.

                She ran towards the half-dying couple and yelled at the shooters to stop firing. Gabrielle’s rush of mixed emotions filled her with so much adrenaline that she tackled one of the gunners, knocking him to the ground making the weapon fall out of his hand. The man was wearing a black mask with only holes for the eyes and the mouth. While he was still confused of being slammed to the ground by a sixteen year old, Gabrielle quickly reached out and ripped off the man’s mask. For a moment she remained in shock, because the shooter was no other than Braxlin, her own father.

Gregory

                “I find he looks more like Taiven than Tara.” He said to Ridge as they heard the queen leave the house.

                “I wouldn’t know.” Ridgemont replied, looking up towards Greg struggling to hold the baby. “I’ve never met him and honestly, he doesn’t sound that great.”

                “I’ve never met him either.” Alacreed added. “I briefly saw him a few times in the Deep, nothing more.”

Gregory walked towards Ridge and grabbed Maverick out of his arms, showing the new uncle how to hold a child correctly. Greg had had enough baby experience with Keke. “The king isn’t that bad.” He said still holding onto the baby. “I’ve never had a decent conversation with him though.”

                “With whom?” Danicio asked, walking into the kitchen. Greg, Alacreed and Ridge exchanged looks, not sure if it was appropriate to talk about the King with one of his most trusted men present in the same room. “King Taiven?” The guard guessed.

                “Yeah” Alacreed answered, dropping his gaze to the floor.

Greg walked back towards Ridge. “You hold him like this.” He said referring to the way he was holding Maverick. Gregory then gave the baby back to the queen’s brother and he finally positioned himself properly. He then faced Danicio. “What can you tell us about the king?” He asked. “None of us really know him, but you do.” The memories of Auron constantly telling him that the Upper Kingdom was the enemy and that Taiven planned to kill all life in the Deep suddenly rang back into Greg’s mind, but he did his best to ignore those thoughts because he knew all too well that they weren’t true.

“Well” The guard begun leaning against the kitchen counter. “He is a kind man with good intentions but he has always had difficulties managing his priorities.” He then corrected himself, as if realizing that he’d spoke negatively about his king. “However, when he returns to the throne he will be a great ruler! And I am sure that you Ridgemont and young Maverick will make a wonderful addition to the castle.” The queen’s brother smiled and Maverick of course didn’t do anything, he was just a baby after all.