Quick recap + Snippet of Chapter 16

I will be updating very soon, but here is a quick recap for those of you who have forgotten all the important stuff that's happened:

Gabrielle is well aware of the world of the merpeople du to a small book that Taiven gave her under his imprisonment of Auron the King of the merpeople of the Deep.

During a swim in the water Gab's brother Gregory admits to stuff including that he can read mermarking on tails; apparently Gabrielle's contains lines from the Prophecy (don't remember the Prophecy? Well go back and check!). Sadly, we never got to find out more on that because they were both captured by guards of the Upper Kingdom. 

After an odd picture of a mermaid being found and then showed to most of the town, a deadly merhunt was authorised, the winner gets to kill the creature and also gets money in return for his or her findings. Ridge and Breena were invited by Patch (an old friend of Ridge) to assist the hunt, but little did all the hunters know was that the two were trying to draw everyone further away from the Kingdom in order to keep the merpeople safe.

While the hunt is occurring, an attack from the Deep suddenly happens. If you remember well, in the first book I mention that the Deep used to force the mermaids of the Upper Kingdom to sing to sailors so that their boats would crash and then they would be eaten by the dark merfolks. Well now, no singing was involved. The merpeople of the Deep jumped out of the water and grabbed sailors and fishermen themselves to eat. Patch was pulled into the water, and in trying to save him, Ridge was eventually pulled in as well. Breena then jumped in after him to try and save him and finally after numerous of injuries the darkmermaid let him go and fought Breena. I left off that chapter with Ridge's transformation into a merman and us being unsure of Breena's faith; quite the cliff hanger if you ask me.

While all this happens, Tara decides to put her leadership into to action and makes a drastic decision to make the Upper Kingdom vote for whether or not she should be removed from the throne and be replaced by the next heir, Breena; which is of course is what Taiven Senior wants.

There, I think that covers it.

Here is a little snippet of the next chapter just to keep you all still interested:

“Isn’t this the Upper Kingdom?” She asked. “Doesn’t that mean that the Queen is Taiven’s wife? She could help us, help him.”

                “Gabby, you don’t think that if she wanted to save the King she would have done it a long time ago?” Greg immediately shot back. He had a point, she silently admitted to herself. Why hadn’t this queen saved Taiven yet? If she wasn’t able to do it, why would Gabrielle be able to? “So we don’t say anything.” Greg continued on, clueless to what was going on inside of her head. “From what I’ve heard she’s rather soft, so I don’t think she’ll want to kill us.”

                Gabrielle gulped. No one ever said anything about dying. “But she’s one of the good guys!” Gabrielle protested. “Why wouldn’t she want to help us?!”

                That’s when Greg snapped. He swam towards her, grabbed her arm to bring Gabrielle to a stop and then stared at her right into her eyes. “Because Gabby, we’re the bad guys. We’re creatures of the Deep, cold hearted fish that have wanted the Upper Kingdom to be destroyed for thousands of years. The queen can’t help us, because she won’t be able to trust us; so why should we trust her?”