Chapter 11

FINALLY UPDATED! YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH! Great news, I wrote this story up until chapter 18 on paper, but right now I kind of hit a rock.... :(

Anyway, in this chapter there's a Ridge and Taiven POV, and dare I say it, it's actually good! I'M BACK AND I'M ON FIRE!!!! YEAAAHHHHHH!!!!

So on the side you have a random picture, of a sad random mermaid, and as song for this chapter I chose Demons by the wonderfully wonderful Imagine Dragons. Enjoy the chapter!
I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come (LOVE IT xD)

Chapter 11

Ridge

            He got back to his house around four in the afternoon, and more depressed as ever. Of course, it wasn’t exactly a smart idea to go back to a place that just got attacked by a bunch of dark merpeople barely a day before; but Ridge didn’t care. At this point he didn’t really care about much anymore. To him, the worse part in this current situation was that we was carrying his sister’s egg in a bag on his back, and he about two more minutes left before he had to get it into hot salted water. Which was exactly what he did once he entered the house at top speed; so now, his kitchen sink was occupied by his sister’s egg. With all of the commotion that had been going on at Sabian’s and Dakaina’s cottage, everyone had seemed to have completely forgotten about the egg, including him. It was Dakaina that suddenly remembered that it was still in the bathtub nearly an hour after everyone had suddenly left. The mermaid then told Ridge to take care of it, and that she would send a message to the kingdom to notify that the unborn was with him. Ridge’s life now revolved around babysitting an egg.

                After taking care of the egg, Ridge then grabbed his pack of cigarettes that was lying on the incredibly cluttered floor, and then headed out the front door and sat on the front steps of his house to smoke in peace. For a while, he just sat there, and let his thoughts drift to how much his life had gotten messed up. Had that been what Tara had been thinking about right before she jumped off the bridge a few months ago? Would he turn into a fairy if he decided to jump off the front steps of his house? Ridge sighed at the thought of it, and exhaled the smoke. Maybe he should get himself a new dog; at least it would give him some good company instead of always being alone.

                When he was done with his cigarette, he threw it into the driveway, before quickly lighting another one.  He was down to his fourth one, when suddenly he saw a police car turn the corner of the street. He watched the car calmly, checking to see where it was going. But Ridge immediately noticed that the closer it came down the street, the more it was slowing down. In a panic, Ridge quickly got up and hurried into his house and slammed the door behind him, locking it also. Why such the panic? It was a reflex; every time he saw a cop car, even if he didn’t do anything wrong, he always made a run for it.

Ridge, then hurried to the window just in time to see the car park itself right in front of his driveway. He then watched as Ethan got out of the car, and slowly walked over to the house. For a moment, Ridge just stayed where he was, and tried to stay as quiet as possible, as if it would help. He then heard the Chief knock the front door. It wasn’t the banging that Ridge was used too every time the fuzz came to get him. No, this was a normal and casual, knock that almost seemed friendly. A voice in the back of Ridge’s head was telling him that it was possibly a trap and that Ethan was going to jump on him and then cuff him the moment that he would open the door. Still, after a few seconds of debating, he finally decided to open it.