Wattpad Prize? + Snippet of chapter 22

Chapter 22

Gregory

                He faced Auron. His grandfather was surrounded by his guards holding weapons, ready to fire upon Greg whenever the order was given. He tried not to pay attention to the men that were holding the lifeless bodies of Queen Tarabelle and King Taiven. Were they dead? He hoped not because that would imply that the Upper Kingdom was currently without any ruler and was falling into the depths of the ocean. Too many good merpeople had already died, now was not the time to lose more lives.

                “I’m just here to talk.” He said to Auron. He was standing about five meters away, which was more than enough.

                “You may speak freely my child.” His grandfather answered with a smile, his men still pointing their guns.

                Gregory chose his words carefully. “I think we can try and be reasonable here, no one needs to get hurt.” The dark king laughed, but Gregory ignored it and continued. “Just give me Tara and we can work something out.” He laughed even louder, making Gregory feel uneasy.

                “My boy, do you truly think that after all of my hard work I will just simply give the queen to you? It amuses me though to see how soft you have grown. But I am certain we can fix you up. Cease him.”  He ordered his guards.

                “Wait! Wait a minute!” Greg said backing up as soon as Auron’s men came forward, his mind racing at a thousand miles an hour trying to come up with a plan. “I have a proposition for you.”

                Auron lifted his hand to halt his men. “Go on.” His grandfather said slowly. “I am listening.”

Wattpad is launching a contest called “The Wattpad Prize”. The Wattpad Prize is the first contest to celebrate the achievements of both readers and writers in the community. To enter, my story (yes this one you are currently reading) needs to be completed by April 30th, the final day to enter. The prize is a mailed hardcover copy of the winning story (OMG), an official congratulatory letter, and the story will be featured on the Wattpad website and mobile apps over the month of June. How awesome is that?! So here is what I want to know, if I decide to enter I will be publishing the final chapters in the next few days to come and I need to know that all of you will support me, vote and comment like crazy. I have worked so hard on this story and to win the contest would just be amazing. So all of you that have been silently reading my books without commenting or voting now would be the time to manifest your presence because I must know, should I enter the contest or not? Please comment or inbox me your answers.

Thank you.