Chapter 24

The final chapter of this book!
On the side I chose the song My Blood by Ellie Goulding, which is also the song I used in the trailer I made for this book. And as picture I chose Tara as a mermaid.

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter 24                

Ridge      

“Tara!” He shouted, hurrying into the room, the sight of his sister on the ground scaring him.

She was awake! She was alive! Danicio was already by her side trying to help her up because oddly enough she was still in her mermaid form. What was she doing out of the bathroom anyway? Hadn’t he closed the door? The floor was soaking wet with salt water, making Ridge’s skin tingle.

            His sister was completely out of breath and Ridge thought he saw tears on the side of her eyes. “I can’t change forms.” She said as Danicio sat her down on the bed.

Tara tried whipping her eyes to hide her tears, but eventually it was no use she couldn’t hide her emotions forever. “I can’t feel the bottom half of my body!” She was definitely crying now. “I, I don’t understand everything was going fine and then, and then suddenly someone—”             

“Tar” Ridge interrupted, sitting beside her and giving her a giant hug trying to calm her down. “It’s fine, everything’s going to be fine.”              

“No it’s not Ridge!” She exclaimed, using her arms to push him off of her. “I can’t move! I can’t stand up, I can’t walk and I can’t swim!”              

He turned towards Danicio. “Can you leave us?” He asked. The guard hesitated, putting a hand on Tara’s shoulder. Ridge didn’t like that. “Leave.” He repeated much colder, not bothering to be nice anymore. With one last glance at her, he left them alone. Ridge turned his attention back to his sister who was avoiding all eye contact with him out of shame.              

“I was so stupid.” She mumbled. “I shouldn’t have ever jumped off that damn bridge; we wouldn’t be in this mess right now.”

He really wanted to disagree with her, but he couldn’t, because she was right. Maybe they wouldn’t be here but certainly something different would be happening in each one of their lives. Ridge might have been in jail and Tara might have been pregnant with their father’s baby. But he didn’t want to think about that and he also didn’t have the time to give her a pep talk to lift her spirits up; they had more important matters to deal with. In a hurry, leaving out a lot of details he told her about how they got here, how Greg was able to negotiate with Auron to free her but not Taiven, the deal the dark-king made with his grandson and also their plan to find the Lost Kingdom.

“Greg finished drawing my marks and he says he remembers Gabrielle’s. All there’s left to draw are Creed’s and yours. Then maybe we can get a lead on where to find the Kingdom.” He finished explaining.

Tara looked at him, amazed. “Since when are you so smart?” She said to him with a smile, her tears finally gone.

“I’ve always been smart.” He replied, getting up. “I’ve just really never had the opportunity to prove it. Put your arms out in front of you, I’ll carry you up the stairs. I’m sure everyone will be happy to see that you’re alive.” She did as she was told, and slowly with her in his arms they made their way up the stairs and into the living room.