Chapter 16-20

Chapter 16, Exchange Rice

  ◎Educated Youth Lin Shu◎

  "Sister Wu, don't leave in a hurry at noon. Wait for me at the corner." Su Xiaoyan took advantage of Wu Fang's counter to be empty and no one came over, so she took the opportunity to speak.

  Wu Fang understood what was going on as soon as she heard it. Her eyes flashed with joy and she nodded in a low voice: "Okay, Xiaoyan, you do things quickly."

  Not long after the autumn harvest, the village handed over the grain according to the prescribed quota, and distributed the grain in a hurry.

  It was supposed to be distributed at the end of the year, but the life of the villagers has been difficult in the past few years. Everyone tightened their belts to live, and their faces were yellow and thin from hunger. The captain was a practical person, and several other village cadres After discussion, it was decided to distribute the grain after the autumn harvest.

  Each family makes its own arrangements, and everything is based on centimeters. There is no need for more. If you really can't survive, you have to borrow food from the team on credit and pay it back next year.

  Su Lesong has been working in the fields for several months and earns six centimeters a day. He is considered capable among children of the same age. The food was divided according to the method of dividing the head into seven centimeters and three centimeters. In total, their family received fifty or sixty kilograms of grain and more than ten yuan.

  This made Su Lesong happy for a few days. He felt that he had finally contributed to the family and lightened the burden on his eldest sister. His face became brighter and he had a bit more smiles for his age.

  There is definitely not enough food for three people. The villagers have calculated clearly that with Su Xiaoyan's salary from the supply and marketing cooperative, she will definitely have to buy grain from the village. Anyone who had extra grain they were willing to sell would come to them and ask.

  In order to deceive others, Su Xiaoyan chose a house that looked friendly and down-to-earth, and there was no one who had ever bullied the Su brothers and sisters in her memory, so she directly bought twenty kilograms of grain.

  This incident later spread, and people in the village knew it. Now that I have to buy twenty kilograms of grain, life will still be tight. It can be seen that even if the Su family girl goes to work in the supply and marketing cooperative, the Su family's life will still be difficult.

  In this way, Su Xiaoyan once again avoided the prying eyes of the villagers. In this way, she also solved the problem of next year's food, so she didn't have to worry about what others were thinking; and she also had an excuse to exchange food with Wu Fang, after all, she had actually bought food from the village.

  She also specifically told Wu Fang that the villagers said they would wait until the rice was threshed before they were willing to change it. Wu Fang is also willing to do this. It would be troublesome to buy the rice directly. Naturally, she prefers to buy the processed rice directly.

  Wu Fang was afraid that she would not be able to buy it, so she specifically told Su Xiaoyan: "Xiaoyan, go back and help me ask a few more stores. The elderly and children at home want to eat polished rice. If there is no brown rice, that's fine. I want forty kilograms, and more will be fine." OK."

  So this time Su Xiaoyan prepared 30 kilograms of polished rice and 20 kilograms of brown rice. The rice taken out of the warehouse space was naturally of better quality, and she mixed it with the processed rice bought from the villagers. Wu Fang is cautious and attentive, just afraid that she will find something.