Chapter 56-60

Chapter 56

Similarly, Su Xiaoyan also wrote a letter in advance and sent it to the Hong family, explaining that Lu Chen would visit the capital with her, so as not to turn around abruptly.

When Su Xiaoyan and Lu Chen met at the train station seven days later, she finally understood why he didn't come to pick her up.

Not to mention the inconvenience of riding a bicycle to the train station, Lu Chen also walked over with a large backpack on his shoulders and two packages in each hand.

Su Xiaoyan was still carrying a light package this time, which contained a change of clothes and some scattered daily necessities.

After saying hello with a smile, she pointed to the things in Lu Chen's hands with her eyes: "Lu Chen, why do you carry so many things?"

"Two sets of clothes, and some things for my uncle and aunt." Lu Chen explained with a smile. He always travels simply, and this time he was in a happy mood carrying large and small bags.

This is the first time I visit my partner's parents. This is a very polite gesture. He prepared a lot of things himself, and even asked his grandfather to review and approve them.

In fact, the things in the capital city are richer than those in Qingshan City. Lu Chen went to the trouble of preparing the things and taking them there because he was afraid that he would be too pressed for time when he arrived in the capital city.

"You're still thoughtful." Su Xiaoyan smiled and stretched out her hand to help pick up the things. The large packages looked heavy.

Lu Chen staggered slightly, glanced at the package in Xiaoyan's hand and said, "Xiaoyan, just carry your package. I can do it here."

The train arrived at the station and the two entered the carriage.

Su Xiaoyan was in a strange mood this time, and the joy and nervousness of bringing her partner to meet her parents also came to her mind. She was sitting inside, and Lu Chen was sitting by the aisle, and the two were talking.

Around noon, there were food sellers pushing carts from the front of the train selling rice, and the carriage became lively with all kinds of smells mixed together. Lu Chen turned sideways and looked at the people next to him and said, "Xiaoyan, I'm going to buy some food." After saying that, he wanted to get up.

"No, I brought our food." After hearing this, Su Xiaoyan quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back to his seat. She took out two iron lunch boxes from the package. There was only a change of clothes and small things left in the package.

"Every time I go back to Beijing, I always bring my own food to eat in the car. There is a box of lunch and a box of vegetables here. If you feel thirsty later, you can drink from a kettle." Su Xiaoyan explained, passing a lunch box to Lu Chen, and said Open the lid of the lunch box in your hand.

She looked over to see that the food seller was still far away, lowered her voice and said with a smile: "Their food is expensive and tastes bad, how can it be as delicious as what I cook."

"You are still thoughtful." Lu Chen took the lunch box and also opened the lid. He saw the unabashedly playful smile on Xiaoyan's face, which was young and energetic, and he also laughed.

There was a box full of white rice, and another lunch box contained braised pork belly, two poached eggs, and a lot of green vegetables. The aroma wafted out, immediately attracting chatter from the people around.

"Who is it? Such a fragrant dish tastes like meat!"

"Ouch, I want to eat meat!"

"Be a good boy, I'll buy you some food later!"