5 First Date

Roman POV

With slightly sweaty hands, I got ready for my date with Kate. I couldn't help but admit to myself that I was pretty nervous. After all, it had been a while since I'd been on a date.

And the fact that I really liked this woman didn't help my nerves one bit, on the contrary. I don't think I was ever such a wreck before I set off on one. A glance in the mirror showed me that at least I looked good.

But then there was an unexpected knock at the door. I went over to see who it was. And of course it was the twins. I could have guessed that from the start.

"Hi Big Uce. Wow... You look sharp. I guess you're not coming to dinner with us?" Jey wanted to know.

"No, I have a date. And I should get going. So excuse me." I replied and tried to push them both out of the room.

"The way you look? Uce, you look like you have a job interview. Or do you want the girl to think she's sitting in front of her accountant? Take off that tie and undo a few buttons," said Jimmy.

"Too much? I thought it looked good." I replied and looked in the mirror again.

"You look great... But it should be a bit more casual. I bet she's at least as nervous as you are. It's that Kate girl, isn't it? Then I know why you're so freaked out. Have you finally seen her?" he wanted to know.

"Why do you think I'm so tense? She's a dream. I don't know why, but... it could really be her, guys," I replied.

A wide smile spread across my face at the mere thought of Kate. She already had me wrapped around her little finger. Even though we'd never met before.

"Woah, hold your horses. No need to rush it. You don't have to marry her straight away. Just take her for a ride. You know what I mean." Jey laughed.

And with that, he earned himself a slap on the back of the head.

"Ouch. Why?" he asked.

"You know why." I said with a laugh.

"Don't take it personally. Our big guy here is in love. Nothing we can do about it. Maybe we should follow him and have a look at the lady." Jimmy said.

"Don't you dare. I don't want to scare her off by publicly telling you off," I growled.

*****

An hour later, I was standing in front of the restaurant I had chosen for our first date. I had simply been looking for a fancy restaurant here in Columbus, Georgia and the Epic immediately caught my eye. Sophisticated American cuisine and an extensive wine list in a modern setting with white tablecloths.

Hopefully Kate would like it. My eyes wandered back and forth as I waited to spot her somewhere. She said she would take a cab to get into town so she didn't have to drive herself in case we wanted to have drinks.

And then suddenly a cab stopped right at the curb in front of me. One look was enough to realize it was her. Our eyes met and that was just enough to make my heart almost stop.

The door opened. I immediately held my hand out to her to help her get out. Kate smiled shyly at me as she reached for my hand.

"Roman, I assume?" she asked quietly.

Her long dark hair curled over her shoulders and down her back. The dark brown dress she was wearing... The long legs in the high heels. And then her eyes. Those green eyes. Every detail about her was just... overwhelming.

"I um... yes, that's me. It's nice to finally meet you in person Kate." I finally replied when I remembered that I had a voice.

"I think so too, Roman. You look even better than in the pictures, I have to say." she said and immediately blushed.