22 You really got it

Kate POV

"Hey Na... can you help me put the gloves on? I want to see if I still got it." I said to Naomi after we both got off the treadmills.

I saw that there was a punching bag here. It had been a while since I'd last done anything like that. But Dad always said you never unlearn something of that sort. Besides, he always said I was a natural and was quite sad when I moved on to other things that had nothing to do with his favorite sport.

However, I knew that he was glad that I at least knew how to defend myself. He and mom slept so much better back when I was in my wild teenage phase.

"Sure. Do you need me to hold the bag or can I get in the ring to warm up?" she wanted to know.

"No, you go ahead. I don't want to accidentally hurt you if I want to start practicing kicks. I'm probably a bit rusty," I replied.

And so she made her way into the ring while I started punching the bag. It didn't take long for me to get the hang of it. I wasn't nearly as out of shape as I had expected. It was also a lot of fun. Even the first few kicks worked, although I was afraid I might lose my balance.

I didn't know how long I was busy, but at some point I felt eyes on me. I stopped briefly and looked around. I quickly caught sight of Roman and the twins watching me. It looked like they were a little impressed. Even though Roman's gaze showed something else. Only I couldn't tell exactly what it was.

"Hey Katie cat... Do you want to help me?" Na then called out.

"Oh no... You've had her long enough today. If anything, she's helping me warm up." Roman said before I had a chance to say anything back.

He came up to me and smirked at me as I took off my gloves.

"Hi." he said simply.

"Hi." I replied and smiled up at him too.

Well until he just grabbed me by the hips and threw me on his shoulder.

"Yo wow... He's got a different way of warming up in his head." Jimmy chuckled.

But Roman didn't carry me out of the gym, he carried me into the ring.

"Get your head out of the gutter, boy." he called over to his cousin.

"Let's show them what you can do, baby girl," he said to me.

We had been playfully wrestling with each other again and again over the last few months. Outside the bedroom, I mean. And it was a lot of fun. To be honest, it combined many elements of judo, boxing and gymnastics.

We played around for a while. And the laughter made me forget my worries for a while. Just like it always did when Roman was around me. He pushed all the darkness out of my head, even if I hardly thought that was possible sometimes. And being here, with him, had already given me so much.

"Come on, Uce. Are you going to let a little girl finish you off?" Jimmy croaked over to us, laughing.

"You better be careful or you're next!" I called over to him.

"Good idea, baby girl. And Jimmy, you should know that I'm careful not to hurt my girl. I can't break her in half. After all, I still need her." Roman replied.

"Oh, given your position, I already know what you need her for," he chuckled and then received a slap on the back of the head from his wife.

"You'd think you were jealous," Naomi said in response.

"I don't know Na... He kinda has a point." Ro replied as I had him in an armbar headscissors combination."

"You know, baby... If you wanted me in that position all you had to do was ask." he said to me with a smirk.

"Maybe I'll get back to you on that tonight." I laughed.

But suddenly he slid his free arm under me and got on his knees. And then, like it was nothing, he just stood up while I still had my legs wrapped around his neck. I immediately let go of his arm and clung to his head as he stood upright. Having seen a lot of his old matches by now, I knew almost immediately what was going through his mind.

"Don't you dare! You better not powerbomb me! No sex for 2 weeks if you do that!" I breathlessly exclaimed.

"Like you could stand that, baby." he chuckled deeply.

"I'm serious, Ro." I squeaked before he just sat me down on the turnbuckle pad.

"Did you really think I'd do it?" he asked, his big brown eyes fixed on me.

"Not really. I just wanted to be sure." I laughed.

"Man Kate, I gotta say... you've really got it. Ever thought about giving wrestling a try?" Jey wanted to know.

"Good question, Jey... That's why I'm here... I wanted to talk to Kate about the same thing." Hunter suddenly said as he came up behind the others.