17 Oops

Roman POV

"Oops... Would you look at that. Gosh I'm so clumsy. Now I've spilt ice cream and whipped cream all over your chest. Such a mess..." Kate giggled anything but innocently as she sat on my lap and enjoyed her sundae.

I was supposed to be preparing for an interview tomorrow, but it was a wickedly difficult task when my girl kept trying to distract me.

In the meantime, we had been together for a few weeks. And they were easily the best weeks of my life. Even though I found it hard to hold back my feelings for her.

We spent this week at her place so that Kate could catch up on her work. A lot had piled up when she had accompanied me and she now had a lot of ground to cover. I loved watching her film or watch her edit and record voice-overs. I could have listened to her voice for hours.

And of course I also tried to help her. For example with setting up lights or focusing the camera. It was so sweet how she always praised me when I did something right. Kate even said that it went so much quicker and easier, because normally she did all these things herself. And of course it took a lot more time.

Now it was late evening and we were sitting together in the bedroom. It was already dark. She was usually quite tired at this time of night, but today was different.

"And what exactly are you going to do about it now, baby girl?" I wanted to know.

"Well, I guess I have to clean you up. Such a shame I don't have a napkin on hand." she replied with a little twinkle in her eye and put her bowl on the bedside table.

Then she changed her position so that she was now straddling my lap. Slowly, she leaned forward and started licking the little drops of ice cream and cream off me.

"You know, this might be my new favorite way to eat ice cream." she whispered as she worked her way up.

"Maybe you should let me taste it too." I replied and then simply lifted her chin with my index finger.

Without waiting for a response, I pressed my mouth to hers. Kate sucked in a breath as her hands found their way around my neck at the same time. Slowly, I brushed down the spaghetti straps of her top. My fingers slowly slid over her exposed skin as hers explored my bare skin as well.

But just as things were getting heated, the bell at the gate suddenly rang.

"Ignore it... Whoever this is so late will get the message." she mumbled against my neck.

But the person didn't seem to be discouraged. Instead, it just kept ringing. Probably for several minutes until there was finally silence. However, the silence didn't last long. Less than a minute later, the doorbell rang. Who the hell could it be at this time of night? I suddenly had a bad feeling about this.

"I'll go and have a look. You stay here." I said to Kate and held her back as she was about to get out of bed.

I grabbed my tank top and pulled it on before hurrying to the door. There I unlocked it and opened it only to look into the more than surprised face of a man. It was immediately clear that he hadn't expected to see anyone other than Kate. And I got the impression that he was a little intimidated, because he took a step back. But he quickly regained his composure.

"How the hell did you get onto the property? You better leave before we call the cops." I said in a calm but threatening voice.

"I really need to talk to Kate. And I'm definitely not leaving without knowing she's okay. Who are you anyway?" the guy replied aggressively.

"Listen, man... I'm her boyfriend. And I demand that you get out of here!" I growled and took a step forward.

"Or what?" he challenged me.

"Don! What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in here? Did you climb over the fence? Get the fuck out!" Kate shouted behind me.

She tried to get past me, but I put my arm out to stop her. Now I knew who the guy was. It was her ex. Anger rose up inside me and it took a lot of self-control not to punch him in the face.

"You have to hear me out, Katherine, please! I'm divorced now. We can start over. I love you and only you. Please you have to give me another chance. This one... That's not right for you. I know I'm what you want,' he said and tried to walk towards her.

But I pushed him back. He just managed to hold on to the banister or he would have fallen down the stairs.

"You lying bastard, are you serious? She doesn't want you. After everything you've done? After everything you've ruined for Kate? Go to your children. Plead at your wife and leave my girlfriend alone, you piece of shit," I replied as I felt Kate walk back into the house behind me.

I heard her breathing quicken and she was on the verge of crying. Or maybe even on the verge of a panic attack.

"I'm not leaving until I've talked to her. You owe me that Kate," he shouted loudly.

"She owes you? She owes you? Are you kidding me? You almost broke this wonderful woman and you think she owes you?" I shouted at him and grabbed his collar.

But just at that moment, sirens came down the dead-end street and the gate opened. Apparently Kate had only retreated to call the police to have the bastard removed from the property before I could do anything worse to him.

The police made short work of him as it wasn't the first time he had turned up here. And since he had gone so far as to climb over the fence this time, they took him into custody.

As they drove away, I hugged Kate tightly. She buried her face in my chest and sniffled softly before taking a deep breath.

"It's okay, baby girl. I won't let him get too close to us." I said gently and then gave her a kiss on the hair.