30 - Poison and Pictures

Chapter 30

Poison and Pictures

The doorbell rang. Blake Conway was here.

After a few more encouraging words from my three friends, I ran down the stairs, flattened down my hair, yelled to my mum that I'd be late and flung the door open.

A boy turned around and his mouth hung open in surprise.

"Belle?"

"Axel? What the heck are you doing here?" I asked suddenly flustered.

He looked me over with a stunned expression but quickly shut his mouth and stuffed his hands in his jacket and displayed the 'couldn't care about a thing expression'.

"Alice called me over – "

Above me I heard the sound of someone swearing then the sound of crashing, before hearing the pattering of feet running down the stairs and seeing a blurred figure zoom past me out of the house.

"Hey Bro! Let's go, you've seen what you had to. Oh wait I forgot my bag." Alice sprinted back up the stairs.

What was that supposed to mean?

Just then Blake walked up the path. He was dressed quite smart with a button up long sleeved blue shirt with smart trousers. He looked a little nervous but that changed when he saw Axel. Not good.

They faced each other, glaring.

I ran out to meet him and stood in between both of them.

Axel looked sour and wore a hardened expression. Does his face always have to be like that when he sees Blake?

"Enjoy your night." He spoke bitterly.

Blake smirked and slung his arm over my shoulder, "We will. See you around Archer."

"Right back at you, Conway." Axel spoke with distaste.

He walked away from us, kicking a rock as he went. I felt a pang of pity all of a sudden.

"Shall we go?"

We both walked out into the cool air street. Blake removed his arm off my shoulder but then awkwardly took my hand in his.

As we walked to our destination, the atmosphere was odd. We would talk about something but when that conversation finished there would be this awkward silence and to fill it, we would both start talking at the same time.

Our walk began to slow down after what seemed like an agonising 15 minutes.

"Are we here?" I asked hopefully.

Blake smiled and pulled me along. I blushed at his dashing smile, I bet it was hard for any girl to not.

"Here." Blake said as we finally made it to the location.

The brilliant thing about Westrow was that everything was close by and didn't take long to get to the places as the little city had everything.

I looked in front of me. It was a suave Italian restaurant called 'Poison Prince'. The outside had white marble with black lamps hanging from the walls. The aromas of pasta, lasagne and pizza dishes flooded me as we entered the high class restaurant.

The interior had a sharp brown, warm gold and white theme. High windows were framed with long white chiffon curtains, displayed a beautiful view of the restaurant garden. Clean cut oak tables lay on onyx marble flooring and each table was underneath a ball of light that casting a warm honey glow on the plates and cutlery below.