11 You've Got to Be Kidding Me?

Chapter 11

You've Got to Be Kidding Me?

Friday! It was finally Friday! I couldn't wait for the weekend to start. I just had to go through two more lessons then it was home time.

I did ask Alice about what she meant about 'bestfriends' but she and Kyle both agreed that it'd be better if I found out on the weekend. So this Saturday the three of us were going out and I was going to get to the bottom of this mystery! Okay so it wasn't like a total mystery and I wasn't a character in Scooby-Doo, but still! It was pretty interesting.

Back to at school and away from my detective mind, Mr Senver, my 'invisible' Music teacher, STILL wasn't here so i had yet another free. I didn't really have any homework to be doing and work set for Music was read a chapter from the textbook, and to be honest I couldn't be bothered to do it now.

I suddenly found myself reminiscing about childhood TV shows, like Scooby-Doo. I was always a fan of that show. I never liked how Fred always split the gang up into him, Daphne and Velma and then Shaggy and Scooby. It frustrated me because Shaggy and Scooby would almost always spot the 'monster'. So logically shouldn't Fred keep the gang with Shaggy and Scooby, because they find the 'monster' before anyone else? It always annoyed me. Stupid Fred. Now that I think about it, Fred put himself with the girls all the time...the little player boy!

Whilst I was thinking of other stupid things in Scooby-Doo that never made any sense, I turned round the corner and crashed straight into someone. Instead of letting me fall, the person held onto my arm, steadying me right. I looked up to my saviour.

Blake Conway.

He was smiling down at me and his brown eyes twinkled slightly when he saw it was me. "Well look who it is. Rosy Rose."

I didn't say anything back. I don't know what was wrong with me but I couldn't see him the same way anymore after what Kyle and Alice told me. Blake was the leader of Four Nations and he was rivals with Axel.

It was scary to think that this gentleman was pretty violent. I was more wary of Blake than Axel because it was hard to imagine Blake being so vicious when he was giving me a sweet smile right now. It just meant he could turn on me any second.

Blake noticed that I wasn't saying anything and frowned when I looked away from him. Then I heard him softly laugh.

"I guess you found out about me." I whipped my head around. How did he know? Blake saw the surprise in my eyes and answered my question. "Kyle told me that you know about what makes this school 'different'."

Eh? Why would Kyle tell him that? Blake then put his hands on my shoulder and lowered his head to be the same height as me. I tighten my mouth so I wouldn't squeak in fear.

"Rose, listen. You may hear rumours about me but I really don't want you to be scared of me. I can see the fear in your eyes. Just because I'm in Four Nations doesn't mean that I'm any different from when we first met. Please see me as you saw me that first day."

Blake looked into my blue eyes deeply and I could see he was being honest. He really didn't want me to be scared of him. Truth be told, he hadn't done anything to me yet so I could judge him on what others said and I didn't yet know the full story behind the school gangs.

I shook my head and smiled. Blake relaxed but then I took his hands off my shoulders and pushed him back lightly. He looked surprised I was doing this but didn't say anything and stood up to his full height which a half a head taller than me.

"Who said I was scared of you, Chuckles?"

Blake started laughing remembering the first words I had said to him, and I smiled.