5-Surprise Seating Arrangements

Chapter Five

Surprise Seating Arrangements

Making my way to the class room I saw someone leaning by the water fountain near the biology lab. He had light brown hair that was styled messy and he didn’t seem to be in a rush to go to lesson.

I made eye contact with him and because I was raised to be a polite young lady I gave him a small smile. It was reflex for me whenever I made eye contact with a stranger, I had to smile. I mean, I would like it, if someone that I didn’t know took the time to smile at me.

After my timid smile, he gave me the weirdest look, like I was crazy. His dark blue eyes narrowed and then he glared. What he did next surprised me a bit though; actually what am I saying? It seriously surprised me. He gave me the finger and walked off. That guy flipped off a stranger for smiling. Jerk face.

I quickly entered my class forgetting that rude guy. Thankfully, I wasn’t late but the teacher was already there leaning against the desk that was facing the class. I walked in and the teacher, Mr Eddison looked my way. He looked about mid-forties with light grey eyes that were covered with smart glasses and curly black hair that reached his ears.

His attire of that was completely different to that of Mr Tally. Whilst Mr Tally wore baggy suits to conceal his already visible weight, Mr Eddison wore black trousers with a loose blue shirt that showed his figure to be slim and straight. He stood a little straighter upon seeing me and gave me a welcoming smile. He seemed nice enough. I walked up to the desk and smiled in return.

“Well hello there. I do believe I’ve never seen you in my class before. You must be the new girl. What was your name?” his voice held authority.

"My name is Rose Winters. I just started today.”

“That’s right,” He said as he picked up a sheet of paper from his desk. His eyes scanned over the sheet. “It says here that you’re very advanced in Biology. Your grades are impeccable. Well I’m glad to say that you’ll fit in nicely here. Welcome aboard and I hope that your brain isn’t filled with too much knowledge otherwise my teaching would be a waste.” He chuckled lightly.

“No worries there. There’s plenty that I don’t know, Sir.” Mr Eddison was so easy to talk to and before I knew it the class was filled with students who were chatting freely. Mr Eddison clapped his hands together to grab the attention of the class.

“Hello to all of you, and hope that your minds are raring to go at the start of this new term. I would also like to introduce to you a new student that has recently joined us.” He indicated towards me and the entire class stared at me.

I silently cursed Mr Eddison for making an introduction. What an arse. All I did was smile so he carried on. “Her name is Rosabelle Winters and I would like you all to make her feel welcome.”

He called me by my full name…not happy.

“Um, sir its Rose not Rosabelle.” I spoke up to make it clear no one called me that.

“Oh, so sorry. Class, this is Rose not Rosabelle. Okay, there will be pair work today and the only free seat with another person is at the back of the class, so I hope you don’t mind.”

I shook my head and turned to make my way to the back. The class was small with only about 16 students. There were eight lab table tops altogether, four on one side and four on the other. Each table was made for two people and had a smooth black surface. As I walking between the aisles a boy winked at me and some girls gave a small smiles. I scrunched my face at wink and returned the smiles.

The table that had the free seat was next to the window that looked over the field; however the seat beside the free one was occupied with a person who made me freeze. I turned to look back at Mr Eddison who glanced at me and immediately knew how I felt.

He gave an apologetic face and returned to speak to the class. I couldn’t stay mad at him though, there were no other seats in the room. I faced the table again and my eyes locked with the pair of crushed emeralds eyes.  Well this lesson couldn’t get any worse.

~~***~~*~~***~~*~~***~~

Cliff hanger! Unless you know…take a guess

Another really short one. But have no fear; the next one shall be longer! Wish I had a cool teacher like Mr Eddison. All I get are weird ones who try to befriend the students. Not.Cool

Vote and Comment

Song: Deer In The Headlights by Owl City- I really do love the lyrics. There’s a line in the song that goes with the book.

Thanks for Reading and may Smarties rain down on you. Smarties are the best sweets ever close to Skittles and Malteasers.

Xxx