KIM SUNOO

In the amidst of a world where hate accompanied love and betrayal lingered in the shadows behind every individual, lived a boy, so pure by heart that even the angels danced upon hearing his name. He was...Kim Sunoo.

A fragile and sensitive boy who had lost his mother at the tender age of seven and was left alone in this world with his abusive and drunkard father. That man did not even had the right to be called as a father of two; one his son and the other his daughter, whom he had tried to kill at the time of her birth.

He wanted a son, masculine and ever so heroic that even the brave and fierce ocean feared him but what did he get? A petal, which fell from the flower only to bloom into another one, way apart from the other petals.

Scientifically said, it is the bud which blooms into a flower but this loving boy, loved and adored by everyone, failed to acquire his father's support and affection. He always blamed himself for his mother's death, given that he was in her womb when she died, due to complications in her delivery.

His only saviour was his beloved sister and his uncle, who showered him with love like his own son. Apart from being with them, he was always alone. Always...

He was a pretty bright student ever since middle school which resulted in him getting a scholarship for one of the most renowned medical colleges in the whole of Korea, i.e, Hanyang University and he was more than just grateful. Despite of having such a torturing father, maybe the Gods weren't completely against him after all?

They were.

He was nearly bullied to death in the university for being the top scorer inspite of having such a troubled and disturbed background. They thought, he was pleasing the teachers...

The allegations imposed on him were horrendous for a young, freshly eighteen year old boy to hear, so much so, that he even tried to end his life. Then, a miracle happened. He met his first friend; the guy who had stopped him from committing such a deed and helped him throughout his journey of ups and downs.

He was Park Jimin. His sole best friend and the reason why he was still alive, breathing.

He studied like a dog, not wasting even a second of his precious time and successfully cleared his exams and now he was working as the Head Doctor of the Cardiology Unit in Hanyang University Hospital, South Korea. He looked so fragile as if he'll get dirty even if you touch him once or will break if you hold him too tightly but this fearless boy was cutting open hearts with no fear. He wasn't always like this. Life had made him this way. Fearless. Unresponsive.

It troubled his best friend who worked in the same unit as him. "You know you are fine as long as you are with me, right?", he always used to ask the depressed boy, receiving a soft nod from him. For his patients though, he never showed them this side of him.

He was always bubbly, cheerful and happy in front of them no matter how broken he was from the inside.

His hands used to shiver while operating but strength came with experience. Jimin was always concerned seeing his bubbly best friend turn so cold all of a sudden, not with him of course, but in general. He was definitely double edged; helping people battle with heart problems while battling with the biggest battle running inside him without telling anyone a word. But...Jimin knew. He was aware and it devoured him that he could not do anything about it. It pierced him completely.