REMORSE

Kindly note: (This chapter was written in Sunoo's part of view.)

He must be a horrible human being, I get that, but realistically, he's my husband and he's my duty, no matter what he does. 

At least one out of the two should be recollected about their duties as a couple right? I learnt it in the hard way, tonight. I chuckled through my tears, wiping them with the back of my hand. Some fell into my mouth; an eerie saltiness floating on my tongue. But nonetheless, I was forced to wipe them off for his sake, who looked at me with utmost remorse in his eyes as I bandaged his wounded hand. 

"Sunoo~yah.", he softly called out my name with every hair on my body bouncing in response. He edged his other hand towards my face, in an attempt to wipe my tears with I brushed it away.

I wasn't in my senses and so wasn't he. It was useless to talk about it right now.

"I-I'm sorry...", he spoke, grasping my hand and intertwining our fingers but I pulled away, focusing on applying the disinfectant on his horribly large wound. 

Glass wounds were painful, but it was nothing compared to the wound(s) he had left on my heart. Yeah, not just one. Never. 

I had already brought in my emergency first aid kit as I grabbed the small tongs, picking up the cotton and soaking it into the medicine. If it wasn't treated early enough, it would result in serious infection and may even lead to me, chopping off his hand which...not gonna lie, did not sound too bad at the moment. 

A strange silence filled the room when he opened his mouth to speak up, only to back off because of my one glare. 

I gently applied the disinfectant, feeling the urge to slap him across his face, once again. The wound was fucking deep! He could've chopped off a vein, if it's for that matter. I completed the aiding by bandaging his hand completely with medical gauze and was about to leave when he held my hand. 

"It still aches...", he spoke. 

"So what? Can't you even bare that much, given that, you're such a big mafia?", I snapped, annoyed. 

"Nah, not my hand...", he paused.

"Your heart.", he added and my legs felt like jelly after hearing his statement. How could someone say something so meaningful in that tone? 

A tone which always grabbed the best of me; a tone which forced me to my knees; a tone so authoritative that I could hear it forever.

"No. It doesn't.", I replied, firmly, attempting to free my hand from his metallic grip only to be pulled on the bed. "Yah!", I shouted, agitation filling my insides. This man had the audacity to disgrace his husband in front of over twenty thousand people and now he was feeling obliged to apologise? 

Nah uh. Not even for the word of God. 

He clasped my cheek, caressing it ever so gently and I melted into his touch, closing my eyes as another tear made it's way down on my cheek. He swiftly wiped it away, hugging my waist and kissing the exact same spot. 

Tear after tear fell, but not on the bed...in his mouth. 

Yes, he licked and kissed everything away. Too noble for a monster like him, right? Well, he wasn't a total monster after all. It was just that today, he lost his shit seeing me with another guy. 

Not gonna lie, possessive partners sounds cool and wonderful but till a defined extent and much unlike him who almost killed Hwa-Sun for touching me. What a demon of a man! 

I was abruptly pulled to his lap as he hugged me. 

"You can't blame me completely though, Sunoo~yah.", he whispered and I felt my forehead getting soaked. He was crying...

Park Sunghoon, the greatest businessman of all times, the biggest mafia in the whole of Asia, the guy to have gained twenty million votes and having received People's Choice Award, THRICE in a row, the guy on every headline of every newspaper, the guy with everyone drooling for him was CRYING...

For whom?

For me. 

"Why are you crying? I'm a lowly laying peasant, ain't I?", I interrogated, stuffing my face in the welcoming warmth of his neck and hugging him. "N-No, never ever, Sunoo~yah.", his voice broke when he spoke. "I-I might've brought you here in the first place for the aforementioned but I was just trying to salvage my reputation by taming you for good.", he paused. 

"After you came into my life, it has changed for good, my love.", he kissed my cheek. "My...love...?", I stiffened on my spot. Was this a confession? 

"Yes...", he whispered.

 "I love you, my baby boy.", he finally confessed. 

After months of defamation, fights, quarrels, laughs and considerably less happy moments, he did confess at last. "I've started smiling again, laughing again, talking politely again, eating well again and last but not the least, loving again.", he said. 

Should I happy? Yes.

 Should I still be angry? Hell yes. 

"It...won't work.", I bit my tongue for making up such a lame reply. "What won't work?", he questioned, making me look at him. "This thing...", I pointed my finger towards him and then myself. "T-This relationship.", I stuttered, wanting to tear up again. "Don't say like that, love.", he caressed my cheek, visibly panicking a bit, but I pushed his hand away, wanting to run away from everything. 

I couldn't be melting down so softly, yeah? 

But I was helpless for I loved him too.

I crept down from the bed. "You have apologised, but I expect you to earn my forgiveness.", I coldly responded, a tear falling down from my eyes as I lopsidedly wiped it. 

"The day I forgive you, that's the day you'll finally be worthy of my love.", I stated, marching out of the room leaving a crying Sunghoon behind. 

(Just another part is left, y'all!!!!!!!!😭)