THE ATTACK

Kindly note: (This chapter was written in Sunghoon's part of view.)

I needed air to get my mind off of this. It was getting too cloudy and too blurry in my head with my past making an ugly reappearance. 

"Appa, please leave me...", I begged my father who was beating me mercilessly with his belt. My mom was near the kitchen counter with blood dripping from her forehead as she had also been beaten by my father. "Please don't beat him. Beat me more instead.", she begged, tears overflowing from her eyes but my father, the most inhumane human to ever exist, turned a deaf ear. 

She made a run for it, seemingly trying to save me from any further beatings, only to get hit on the face by his belt. Her face tore from between at the clash between the skin and the leather belt, blood oozing out like a fountain. It was a huge cut, and her face bled like crazy. 

"APPA! Take her to the hospital please!", I pleaded in front of my father for innumerable number of times but he just stood there, his eyes fixated on my mother. The cut wasn't big enough to have killed her, but for safety measures, it was better to get it professionally checked. 

He dashed out of the house. 

And...

Never came back. For good.

I shook my head, coming back to my senses as a single tear, rolled down my cheek. I quickly brushed it off and sat on a nearby bench. It was about eight at night, which made the atmosphere feel creepier and darker than usual. "I'm overthinking...", that's the only thought that came to my mind. 

I sat there for quite a while before I heard...

Gunshots? 

I was alerted, fearing that my guard wasn't strong enough for me to deal with this sort of shit right now. "Fuck.", I cursed upon realising that I hadn't taken my phone or my gun before striding out like a fucking kid. 

The bushes behind me rustled, warning me about the upcoming, potentially life threatening, danger. I turned around, slowly walking back in an attempt to make a run if I had to. The rustling abruptly stopped when I accidentally stepped on an empty coke can. "Good grief...", I sighed, cursing my fate. I could just sense the danger, the proximity being a bit too close than what I would have acknowledged. But just then, the owner who was making the voice came into my view. 

A black cat pounced out of the bushes, chasing a mouse like a freak. I chuckled, with the mood lightened up a tad bit. The chuckles died down as I heard another gunshot. Shit, I had forgotten about them. I looked around, trying to find the source of this danger. 

Then I felt it. 

Blood flowing out of my arm like a waterfall as a bullet pierced through my flesh. "Argh!", I wailed in agony, gripping my arm to stop blood flow as I dashed out of the park with bullets following me. I needed to hide but...where? I was in the open with nothing but bushes and trees. Another bullet came raging into my direction but I saved myself by a second before it tore my heart. I ran not caring about anything else. God, why today?! When I was weak, hurt, broken and especially unarmed?!

I entered into a thin lane, trying to get away from whatever this was but to my utter horror, two men were blocking the passage which led me to escape. It was very narrow, making it difficult for me to defend myself if I needed to. And, I was going to need to...

Other men blocked the entry passage as I was now stuck in the lane completely. One of them pounced at me, trying to tackle me to the ground but I was stronger even if I was injured. I twisted his neck as we all heard a crack and he fell to the ground, dead. Other men, followed him, trying to beat me but there was a darned ass reason as to why I was the most feared mafia in the whole of Asia.

I killed them one by one, almost believing that the storm had passed and quietly snuck away from the lane. 

I heard another gunshot from behind.

With the bullet piercing my heart this time. Then I felt another one, tearing apart my skin over the scapula and another one, penetrating my shins. 

I fell to the ground with a thud and whoever it was ran away with heavy footsteps. I was lying in a pool of blood, covering every surface of my body as my eyes started closing, with my vision blurring. The last thing I saw was the face of an elderly lady, potentially looking at me with a concerned yet terrified face.