chapter 16

*************

Meera stepped into her friend's ceremony with Pooja, her heart heavy with unspoken emotions. As she glanced at Vihaan, her beloved, tears welled up in her eyes. She offered flowers to him, Varun, and Priya, trying to mask the turmoil within her.

As Meera stood in front of her friend's cemetery, she placed flowers on each of their graves, whispering words of love and remembrance. "I miss you all so much," she murmured, her voice trembling with emotion. Tears welled up in her eyes as she remembered the joyful moments they had shared together.

'Why did he have to leave me, Meera? Why did he have to die?' she heard  Pooja sobbed, her voice trembling with emotion.

Meera didn't know what to say. She knew that nothing she said would be enough to ease Pooja's pain. So, she simply put her arm around her friend and let her cry.

After a while, Pooja gathered herself and they left the ceremery. As they walked towards the main gate, Meera could sense that something was bothering Pooja. She seemed lost in her thoughts.

‘Kya hua poo tum theek ho na ,' Meera gently asked.

Pooja took a deep breath and said, 'I miss him so much, Meera. And the worst part is, I was right beside him but I couldn’t save him'

“kudko aur kitna chot doge poo” meera asked gently and then they were distrated by a phone call on pooja’s phone and the name appered as arun.

“yeh tumko call kyu kar raha hai” meera asked

“woh……ku..kch kaam tha mai baadme baata thi hoon” she say and quickly stiffed and left from there.

After the ceremony, they returned to Arya Palace, where Meera's facade crumbled. She collapsed into tears, the weight of her internal battle crushing her.

Arjun, seeing her distress, approached her cautiously. "kya hua jaana? Kyu ro rahe hoo, haan?"

Meera looked up at him, her eyes reflecting pain and confusion, she didn’t say anything and just kept sobbing.

Arjun gently took her into his arms, offering comfort without fully understanding her turmoil. "Shh, it's okay, Meera."
“mai hoon na, kuch nhi hoga,mai yahi hoon” he said while patting her back

“mujhe kuch aacha nhi lag raha hai,why did you do this to me” she whispered while looking into him eyes.

“collapse into me once jaana, phir mai bhi dekh tha hoon khon tumko ro lata hai” he said in his soft yet sterny voice darkening his black orbs.

“chado ji” she said trying to move away from his hole but he tighten his grip on her waist only to see her face turning red.

“kya hua batao to sahi?” he asked trying to make her laugh but he shut his mouth when she glared at him.

“kuch nhi” she said and pushed him, when she was going towards the kitchen she realise something and asked him “aap yaha kya kar rahe hoon apko to is wakt office mai rahe na tha ”

“finally, kuch tho realise hua” he asked while sitting on the couch with his arms and legs spread all over.
“I came where to tell you something but you seemed to be worried ,so badme baatata hoon”he said smiling akwardly

“ma, today you suggest what to cook,bu the way today I am baking some cookies for avi ,he had asked he last week but I totally forgot” she said pouting

“arre sare dishes uskeliye mereliye kuch nhi” amirita asked getting offened

“aap batao kya chaiye rana sa pura food stall kada kardenge” she said snaping her fingers.

“kash”amrita’s vaice came out as a mere whishper , meera frownded at her reply but didn’t want to ask her as she gave her some privacy.
As Arjun stepped into the royal kitchen, he glanced around, taking in the bustling activity and the delicious aromas that filled the air. It had been a decade since he last set foot in this place, and the memories flooded back, reminding him of his childhood days spent exploring the palace grounds.

"Meera?" he called out, searching the room for his wife. Spotting her near the stove, he made his way through the busy cooks and servants.

Meera turned at the sound of her name, her face breaking into a bright smile as she saw Arjun approaching. "Arjun, what are you doing here?" she asked, wiping her hands on her apron. He asked all the servents to go out along with his mother.

“I have to tell you something but before that” hi said in his husky voice while moving close to her and locking her between the slab and him.

He went closer to her until his breath was hitting her and his nose way touching her’s.

“rana sa” she whispered as her breathing gets heavy and this presses her lips on her’s while his hands roam around her waist.

His hand was going upper and upper until he reached the bow on her blouse, he was removing it but by that time meera broke the kiss.

“app kya kar rahe hai, yeh kitchen hai hamara room nhi” she schooled him

“toh hamara room hota toh apko koi aittraze nhi hoti ” he said teasing her

“aapka yaha anne ke vaga kya hai”she said and placed both her hands on her waist.

"We're going to Sicily for our honeymoon!" Arjun exclaimed, excitement evident in his voice.

Meera's eyes widened in surprise, and a blush slowly crept onto her cheeks. "Sicily? That sounds amazing!"

"Yeah, I thought it would be the perfect romantic getaway for us," Arjun said, his smile widening at Meera's reaction.

Meera couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement in her chest. "I've always wanted to visit Sicily. The beautiful beaches, the rich history... It sounds like a dream come true."

Arjun stepped closer, his hand reaching out to gently cup her cheek. "I want our honeymoon to be unforgettable, Meera. And I want to experience it all with you."

Meera felt her heart skip a beat at his words, her cheeks flushing even more. "I... I can't wait, Arjun. It's going to be incredible."

Arjun leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. "I love you, Meera. And I can't wait to start a new life with you."

"I love you too, Arjun," Meera whispered, which arjun couldn’t hear.

"What's got you blushing, my love?" he teased, his eyes sparkling with affection.

Meera felt her cheeks grow even warmer as she met Arjun's gaze. "Just thinking about our honeymoon in Sicily," she confessed, a soft smile playing on her lips.

Arjun's grin widened as he crossed the room to stand beside her. He gently wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close. "I can't wait to explore you in Sicily ," he murmured.
“to explore sicily with me you mean” she said correcting him.

“nope, explore you in sicily” he said with a bit of mischef which made meera widened her eyes in astonish and her cheek turned to the darest colour of red.

“fine now you go I have to cook and I need help” she said trying to sound normal.

“you’re gonna pay for all this in sicily”
“we are leaving tommorow evening be ready” he said and went back
****************************************************************

Helloo guys sorry this was a bit small chapter but in next chapter we'll see what happens😎😎😎 this chapter is unedited so pls let me know if there is any mistake .kindly vote and comment on this chapter for more chapter next chapter will be posted when I get votes from the reads the read list and vote list should me equal then only I'll post new chapter 😊