chapter 9

As the sun dipped low over the azure waters of Sicily, Meera and Arjun reveled in the bliss of their honeymoon. The air was filled with the fragrance of citrus blossoms, and the distant sound of waves crashing against the shore added to the romantic ambiance.

Meera, clad in an elegant red saree, gazed into Arjun's eyes. "do you know how you taste like?"

Meera blushed."wait! by any chance are you reading my books?"

Arjun gave a sheepishly smile, meera's eyes widened and she slightly hit his arms "chor"she said

She ws about to say something but was interrupted by the ringing of Meera's phone. With a puzzled expression, she glanced at the caller ID. "It's amrita ma.par mujhe iss wakt call kyu kar rahe hai."

Meera stepped aside, answering the call with a mix of curiosity and apprehension. "Hello, Ma. Is everything okay?"

Her mother-in-law's voice trembled with emotion. "Meera, there's something I need to tell you. It's about Pooja and Arun."

Meera's heart skipped a beat. Pooja was her best friend, and Arun was Arjun's closest confidant. "What about them, Ma? Ma, sab theek hai na?"

"They got married," her mother-in-law revealed, the words hanging heavy in the air.

Meera's mind raced as she tried to comprehend the news. Pooja and Arun had just meet at our marriage. "Married?" she repeated, disbelief evident in her voice.

"Yes, beta. It was all so sudden. Your father-in-law and I were taken aback when we heard the news," her mother-in-law explained.

Meera's thoughts drifted to Pooja and Arun. How could they make such a decision without consulting their closest friends? And they could have atleast asked arun's parents!!! She needed to speak to Arjun about this.

Returning to Arjun's side, Meera relayed the surprising news. "Arjun, Pooja and Arun got married."

Arjun's brow furrowed in confusion. "What? That's unexpected. Did ma say why they did it?"

Meera shook her head. "No, but she sounded really upset about it. We should find out what's going on."

With a shared sense of urgency, Meera and Arjun made their way to the living room once the got dressed. Once inside, they settled onto the plush sofa, Meera's phone on speaker as they called Pooja and Arun.

The phone rang several times before Arun finally picked up. "Hey, Meera. What's up?"

Meera wasted no time. "Arun, I just heard the news. You and Pooja got married?"

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Arun responded. "Yeah, we did. It was kind of spontaneous."

Meera exchanged a bewildered glance with Arjun and asked him to relax. "But why? And why didn't you tell us?"

Arun sighed, the weight of his words evident even through the phone. "It's a long story, Meera. Can we meet up and talk about it?"

"you better stay in india because I'm FUCKING COMING BACK TO INDIA " arjun's voice roared in the living room.

Meera agreed. And said "yes we are coming back". And she hung up the call.

"rana sa kuch nhi hoga hum kal baat karenge unse" meear patted arjun's back and asked him to go back to bed and sleep.

"Meera," Arjun said softly, breaking the comfortable silence between them. "Do you ever regret marrying me? Going against our families' wishes?"

Meera turned to look at Arjun, surprised by the question. She reached out and took his hand, lacing their fingers together.