chapter20

Chapter 20

Meera, was crowded with excitement as she prepared for the auspicious occasions of Karwa Chauth and Ganesh Puja(a wedding ritual which is done before wedding.) for pooja and arun's. These were not just rituals but symbols of love, devotion, and tradition in their household.

"Meera, beta, kya tum kal karwa chauth kiliye taiyaar ho?" Meera's mother-in-law, amrita, asked.

"Yes, Ma," Meera replied, smiling. "I have all the essentials ready for tommorow – the Karwa, the puja thali, aur sargi toh you have to give and for the puja, everything is ready according to pandit ji."

"Make sure you eat sargi early in the morning before sunrise," Amrita ma reminded her. and gave her one more plate of sargi.

"kis keliye ma" Meera furrowed her eyebrows "yeh ek aur"

"Of course, Ma," Meera assured her. "I'll wake up before dawn to prepare it. But yeh kis keliye"

Amrita said "pooja keliye" for which meera replied "but usko toh arun ke mom denge na???"

Amrita said "arun ka koi nahi hai bas uski badi bhen thi par-"

"par kya hua maa?" meera asked but amrita couldn't reply so she said "you'll know beta, now go and take some rest you have been working since morning arjun ko pata chala then he'll eat us alive for making his ranisa work" said amrita in a teasing tone and a red hue covered her face.

It was her brother Arun's wedding to Pooja. It was a double celebration, and Meera wanted everything to be perfect.

"rani sa, we need more flowers for the Ganesh Puja,"  a maid , called out from the courtyard.

"go and get them " Meera replied, tying her pallu securely around her waist before heading to pooja's room.

She knocked the door and found Pooja's eyes swollen and fluffy.

"Poo Kī hudā hai" Meera asked and pooja replied "kuch nahi mai sirf so rahi si" she said laughing and the meera gave her the gargi and pooja asked the same question for which meera said "his parentsare no more" pooja nodded and meera went to her chamber.

Arjun watched silently from the doorway, his brow furrowed in frustration. "Meera, why are you doing all this work yourself?" he asked, his voice tinged with annoyance. "We have plenty of servants to help with these preparations."

Meera turned to face him, a gentle smile gracing her lips. "I wanted everything to be perfect for tomorrow," she explained, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "And besides, I enjoy doing these things for you."

Arjun softened at her words, his anger dissipating like mist in the morning sun. "I know, Meera," he said softly, crossing the room to envelop her in a warm embrace. "But you shouldn't have to do it all alone. We have people to do things and that's why they are getting paid, remember?"

Meera nodded, resting her head against his chest. "I know, Arjun," she murmured, her voice muffled by his tunic. "I just wanted everything to be perfect for us."

Arjun chuckled, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Well, I suppose I can't argue with that," he said, his voice tinged with amusement. "But from now on,them do the work and you will just sit and assist them or tell them what to d, alright?."

Meera smiled up at him. "Okay, Arjun," she agreed.

Meera's heart pounded in her chest as Arjun leaned in, his lips brushing against hers in a tender kiss that quickly grew more urgent. Their bodies pressed together, their breaths mingling as they lost themselves in the heat of the moment.