01. Golden Globes

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈, 𝐈, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐚, 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐚?"

This was it, the day you had been waiting for for the past month. It was one of your very first official award shows, and you were so nervous you swore you were going to pass out. The hotel you were getting ready at was overcrowded by dozens of people waiting outside, hoping to get a glimpse of some of the actors staying here. You found this hilarious, as you had learned quite early on in your career that a ton of the famous people you were going to meet on your way to the top, weren't even half as great as the internet made them out to be. In fact, some were even rude, for no particular reason at all.

For you, it had been an easy decision to remain offline, and out of the public eye for most of your career. With barely any press, you had fought your way through the premiere of season one of the show you were on, House of the Dragon. Stepping into a universe with such a large fanbase was possibly the scariest thing you have ever had to do, and it was hard not to study every bad comment people made about you online. After one of your friends finally managed to get you off of Twitter, everything else felt easy to delete. Sure, there were a lot of press questions about you fully disappearing from the internet, and you were certain that a lot of people were speaking up about it online, but it didn't really matter to you anymore.

Instead of spending every spare minute of the day contemplating every single one of your life decisions, you often found yourself picking up a book, or going for a walk. Being stopped by fans in your local Tesco wasn't a huge deal to you, as you always tried to imagine that it were you meeting one of your favourite actors. That made it a whole lot easier to remain calm, and kind in those kinds of situations. Even though you had been in the industry for a small while now, you never got socially used to it. The forced conversations and small talk were never really your thing, and being an actor didn't change this.

Which is why you were day drinking in a hotel room, the only other person in the room being Sofia, your stylist. The event didn't start until at least another three hours, and the rest of the people who were supposed to help you get ready were going to arrive any time now. She gave you the okay to drink a while ago, but you were pretty sure neither of you expected you to drink this much. To be honest, you were never much of a drinker, and the fact that you were halfway done with a bottle of wine even managed to surprise you. 

It wasn't like you were taking shots every five minutes, but you could still feel yourself begin to get dizzy. You had no idea what kind of drunk you were, as you had only ever made it that far once or twice. All you knew was that this was the most nervous you had ever been for anything, ever. It was your very first 'big' award show, and you had absolutely no clue as to who were going to be there.