09. Phoebe Bridgers

"'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧' 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞"

Today was the day. After you were done with your meetings, you were going to hang out with Bella, at their apartment. It still felt surreal, but a big part of you was very excited to finally make a step in what seemed like the right direction for the two of you. The strange feeling you had finally recognised as butterflies, hadn't left your gut since the kiss happened.

You surely weren't used to being so courageous as you were that night, and you still weren't sure as to what went through your mind when you leaned in. Whatever it was, you sure were grateful for it. You couldn't help but wonder whether Bella's mind was just as occupied with the kiss as yours was, which caused you to smile as your mind wandered back to the kiss once again.

It finally felt like the universe was on your side, as you also got your first few callbacks yesterday, leaving you busier than you had been in months today. Instead of that stressing you out, you were relieved as it was also something to fill your thoughts with as you didn't want to spend your entire day stressing about meeting up with Bella later.

Your confidence level remained high throughout the day, as you were sure you killed the two callbacks you had in the morning, and the meetings went by quick as you and your team agreed on almost everything. The playlist you had put on for the day also managed to boost your mood as you made lunch, a wide grin on your face as you sang along to the cheesiest love songs.

If only Emily could see you right now. After the way you hung up on her the other day, you hadn't contacted her yet out of pure nerves. The way you had hidden everything from her felt so wrong, yet you couldn't help yourself from texting Bella.

"I know she's your best friend, and that this would stress her out. Trust me, I love her, but is that really a reason for us not to be around each other?"

A long sigh escaped your lips as you went over the choices you had made in the past week, and what consequences had followed those same decisions. It was fine, right? Yeah, it was fine. She would understand. Emily would understand why you kept this from her. She would be happy for you.

The continuous banter over text that had been spread out over the entire day, made you even more confident that today was going to be just fine. The spark you two had on those nights out wasn't just because of the alcohol, no, these texts were all sent fully sober. It'll be fine.